Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
^^ Basically says it. I just installed Leopard today and plugged my touch in for the first time since then. Itunes won't detect my iPod though. iPhoto tries to import pictures from it and it charges but iTunes won't detect it. What's going on?

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
yup iTunes is up to date and tried the other port, neither worked. I had to install new quicktime to open iTunes after the Leopard install, if that may have something to do with it...

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
tried a hard reset too and that didn't work.
edit: the iPod has been plugged in all night and the charge bar won't make it all the way over, is there something wrong with my iPod?
IMG_0005.png
This little won't go away, I know it normally goes all the way across, I've made note of it.

tried a hard reset too and that didn't work.
edit: the iPod has been plugged in all night and the charge bar won't make it all the way over, is there something wrong with my iPod?
IMG_0005.png
This little won't go away, I know it normally goes all the way across, I've made note of it.

Maybe try restoring the iPod, it's an ipod touch, you do have a backup right? otherwise i'm stumped.

JustOneQuickONe

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
I got it figured out I think, I had to take off iTunes and re-install it. The battery still won't show that it's charged all the way so I'm going to try to calibrate the battery and see if that works. Hopefully everything stays working after a shut down or what not.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Which Mac do you have? You didn't mention it and there's nothing in your sig.

Cancelled
Mar 28, 2008
Is it hacked/ jailbreaked in any way?
Try putting it in restore mode- by turning the iPod off manually with the cable not connected, then when inserting the cable, hold down the home button.
Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.