Newly switched to Mac w/Safari ?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Jalbert14, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Jalbert14 macrumors newbie

In IE on the PC I can enter a domain name and select Ctrl & Enter and the www & .com are automatically entered. Is there a similar shortcut in Safari to save me from having to type in the full domain names of destinations when surfing?

TIA

J

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Safari works the same way as IE in this instance...try it out. Just type in "cnn" or "ebay," for example, and you will get to the page.

3. La Curandera macrumors newbie

Sorry to grave dig a thread, but I wanted to know the shortcut too. I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

Safari does go for some basic sites, but it looks like it's via a search engine rather than by autofilling (unless it's a site I have in history). I get a LOT of 404 errors by putting in just the site name then enter whereas I want to just ctrl+enter or similar.

Also, is there shortcuts for .org and .net like in F.F./I.E.

4. jjasonwrght macrumors member

jjasonwrght

Well, if you wanted, you can also install FireFox for Mac. I think it works the same shortcutwise, or atleast thats what I've heard from my friends.:eek:

5. La Curandera macrumors newbie

If it comes to it I will, but now I've got AdBlock to work with Safari I'd prefer to stick with it although this seems a relatively minor thing so surely there's a shortcut :confused: