Newly updated Macbooks at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dandrews018, Jan 30, 2009.

1. dandrews018 macrumors newbie

so i recently decided i was going to make the jump from PC to Mac and after doing a bunch of reading and research i found that the newly updated entry level Macbook was the right choice for me (im referring to the one with 2GB of RAM, NVIDIA Geforce 9400M graphics all in the white shell for $999). however i noticed that it was not at my local best buy or on their website. i only ask becuase i have a best buy credit card and it would be the only way i would be able to afford it. any geek squad guys out there got some info it would be much appreciated.

2. macJC50640 macrumors regular

Well, when Apple first introduced the unibody and droped the price of the white MacBook, everyone thought it was just the leftover parts. However, the specs were a little differant from the previous model. Then they updated it.

So its pretty much decided that Apple is not just clearing out parts. The White MacBook is actualy a real part of their line.

I don't know why your local Best Buy diddn't have it out there, but its still on Apple.com/store and everything. There probably would have been reports of people ordering them and the people saying its not avalible for order anymore or something before such sudden discontinuation. (is that a word? lol)

Just wait a while and they will probably have it.

Hope that helps. :)

3. macJC50640 macrumors regular

oh, forgot to say, check the refurb store. They have some good deals, but since the white MacBook was recently updated, it might not have made it there yet.

If you don't know how to get there (I see you're a newbie) just go to Apple.com/store and scroll all the way to the bottom and look on your left.;)

4. dandrews018 thread starter macrumors newbie

i mean best buy has the older version of the white macbook but when i asked them about when or i they would recieve new ones the guy was no help at all. i just dont wanna drop the same amount of money for a computer that isnt up to par with whats in the apple store. the refurb section would be a great idea but like i said before it has to be best buy simply becuase i have a store creditcard there with great no interest for 18 months financing. thanks for replying though i appreciate your help and yes im pretty sure discontinuation is a word but then again i could be wrong

5. HyperSnake macrumors member

It's not discontinued. It's just because they recently upgraded it so it hasn't made it's way to stores yet.

6. dandrews018 thread starter macrumors newbie

if you had to guess how long would you think it would take to get around to best buy?

7. HyperSnake macrumors member

I can't tell you since I live.... About 12000 KM away from nearest Best Buy :D

8. dandrews018 thread starter macrumors newbie

haha whoa switzerland, nice!

9. RobZ1 macrumors newbie

Bestbuy

I work @ BestBuy and they have deleated the the current White Macbook and we are pushing thru stock right now.... I should say in the next 2 weeks or sooner we should have the revised White Macbook.....

Thanks

10. dandrews018 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you very much! i appreciate you taking the time to respond

11. CSilver macrumors 6502

1+
    I ordered my Alum Macbook 2.0GHz from the Refurb store xD I am really glade I bought refurb over New ;) save me couple hundreds (CAD)

I would still choose Alum over White if I had to choose again. It is just gorgeous :D I hope you make a wise decision and welcome :p

p.s. I received mine yesterday and it is awesome! Refurb has fugly box but that is it lol. I see just a few very little scratches here and there but I think it was worth it ;D
    -Chris-

12. dandrews018 thread starter macrumors newbie

the more i think about it the more im leaning towards the aluminum macbook 2.0, but new instead of a refurb just because i want my first mac to be brand spanking new. i see youre thinking about an ipod touch 2g. its definitely worth the money and you wont regret it. i got it since im with verizon and cant get an iphone for a while and i havent regretted it yet