"News" app push notifications?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by the1payday, Sep 4, 2015.

1. the1payday macrumors 6502

the1payday

Has anyone actually had any push notifications for stories show up at all using the News application? I really love the app so far, but it really seems to need a "breaking news" topic or something that will give you notifications regarding major news.

2. Phogro macrumors member

Phogro

This would be a nice feature - or it'd be nice if you could flag certain sources to notify you when a new post was published. So far I haven't had any notifications from News.

We'll see what happens when we get a final version of iOS9 though hopefully News will have gotten a bit more polish by then.

3. oldwren macrumors 6502

oldwren

I've had occasional notifications – "See what you've missed on same-sex marriage/US politics/XYZ." It's a bit weird phrasing IMO.

4. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

Nothing so far. Do you have to "favorite " a topic to get notifications ?

5. boston04and07 macrumors 65816

boston04and07

Same. I think it's something we will see since basically the whole settings panel for News is its settings for notifications. It would be ideal if we could choose which sources to receive notifications from, though.

And while I'm on the topic, I hope News eventually gains the ability to handle subscriptions so I can finally get rid of some of the duplicate news apps I'm keeping on my iPad!

6. CremoCremo macrumors newbie

Agree. I was just noticing that I have Badges and Banners turned on and I have never noticed either. Do badges work at all for the News App?