Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ill1cit

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2014
Somerset, Ky
Is anyone else having a problem with the News App not refreshing unless connected to wifi? It worked fine on my 6 Plus, but it's not on my 6S Plus.
Cellular data for the news app is on. I restored my 6S plus from my 6 plus backup, I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but my wives news app works on cellular data and I set it up has new vs mine being restored from backup.
image.jpg

ill1cit

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2014
Somerset, Ky
UPDATE: Apple support found the problem. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT205238

If News channels or topics aren't available
If you're using News while connected to a cellular network, you might see messages like:

• This topic isn’t available right now.
  • This channel isn’t available right now.
  • This feed isn't available right now.
  • There might be a problem with the server or network. Please try again later.

If you're seeing these messages, turning on cellular data for iCloud Drive might fix the issue. On your iOS device, tap Settings > iCloud > iCloud Drive, scroll down, then make sure that Use Cellular Data is turned on.

Turning on iCloud Drive for News allows all other iCloud Drive enabled apps to update over cellular.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.