News media using ONLY the pictures on Macrumors as proof.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hasanahmad, Sep 23, 2014.

1. hasanahmad macrumors 65816

http://www.cnet.com/news/will-it-bend-iphone-6-takes-a-turn-for-the-worse/

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/owners-report-that-the-iphone-6-plus-is-susceptible-to-98246369349.html

http://time.com/3422661/iphone-6-plus-bend/

http://www.businessinsider.com/iphone-6-plus-bending-issue-2014-9

Is it just me or is it the same macrumors images recycled. Is there any other place where it is being reported by users. seems odd. no twitter, no facebook, no google+ no normal user youtube videos no vimeo. its just macrumors....

2. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

I'm pretty sure once a news site posts a story the other news sites just piggyback off of it.

3. hasanahmad thread starter macrumors 65816

no i mentioned there has been maybe 1 user outside macrumor (non media person) who has abent iphone. soemthing to think about

4. scrtagntman macrumors regular

hasanahmad, if there is any truth to "bendgate", I want to personally thank you for keeping the topic alive until the truth is discovered. You do great work. :cool:

5. Zwhaler macrumors 604

Zwhaler

I meant that once a news site sees another site post a story using photos from Macrumors as evidence, they and other news sites will likely use the same photos from the same site, "piggybacking" off of the original story.

6. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

Time and Businessweek using this board as a news source means journalism is in a pretty sad state of affairs.

People here can post and claim pretty much anything they want without any verification other than some random pic and the claim that it's happened. No vetting, no proof required.

Anyone can easily create a Macrumors account and as long as you're not violating any board rules (profanity, selling services, etc.) you can post anything you want.

For example, it wouldn't be a surprise if Samsung plants created accounts here and started any type of fuss. Android fanboys, etc.

To top things off this board in general is filled with this ridiculous back and forth as to which 6 model is better. Random threads spewing off garbage without any reason other than to create incendiary flame wars.

This may get me banned, but this place needs better moderation. I don't mind getting banned anyway because I haven't been paying attention lately. The launch threads were fun. Now the board is utterly trashed.

7. jamesrick80 macrumors 68020

jamesrick80

8. Macshroomer macrumors 65816

Macshroomer

+1, so freaking annoying!

9. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

A picture of a bent phone isn't enough proof that the phone can bend? It's not like the story stretches the imagination - a large, flat phone constructed from a soft metal bent after being subjected to pressure at its ends for several hours while against a convex surface.

10. myscrnnm macrumors 65816

myscrnnm

It's not that anyone is denying the iPhone 6 Plus (or even 6) can be bent. We know that it's physically possible. What matters is how many users will actually experience it. If it's a few isolated incidents, then Apple will simply replace those units, the owners will be more careful in the future, and we move on with our lives. If it turns out a statistically significant number of iPhone 6 owners are experiencing it under normal operating conditions, then yes, we will be within reason to demand a long term solution from Apple.