Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anarche

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I was beginning to get used to/like the News app in iOS 9, but I've discovered that it does not update on cellular, only on wifi. Whenever I open the app on cellular and try to refresh, it gives me an error message that the servers are not available. Cellular data is enabled for this app, as well as background refresh.

Any pointers would be appreciated

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
I was beginning to get used to/like the News app in iOS 9, but I've discovered that it does not update on cellular, only on wifi. Whenever I open the app on cellular and try to refresh, it gives me an error message that the servers are not available. Cellular data is enabled for this app, as well as background refresh.

Same here. I've tried everything and can't get it to work on cellular data.

Wurm5150

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2010

Have the same issue. I'm with AT&T. I know others with T-Mobile and they don't have the same issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.