News notifications not going to watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Dormammu, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Dormammu macrumors 6502a

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Watch settings are set to mirror news alerts from my iPhone, however they aren't pushed to my watch. Series 1. When i unlock my iPhone I am barraged by all of the news notifications since the last time I looked at my phone.

Thoughts?

2. RadioGaGa1984, Sep 18, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2016

RadioGaGa1984 Suspended

RadioGaGa1984

Where do you see news settings in the Apple Watch app?

EDIT: Found it. Hmm... I say now.

3. cshouston macrumors member

cshouston

I think there are some definite software issues going on with OS3. On my new S2 and a friend's S1, I have confirmed that notifications are having some odd issues. For instance, notifications going to my watch, but no haptic or sound so I won't realize it until much later. Also, some notifications fail to push to the watch as you stated, even when the phone's screen is off and it has been untouched for a long time.

You could try calling Apple Support or sending a bug report, but I imagine this is something we'll see addressed in a future incremental update.

4. Dormammu thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dormammu

A mysterious location in the middle of nowhere
    Great, good to know I'm not the only one experiencing this. I just got one notification from news pushed to my watch earlier. My wife on the other hand has all the new notifications pushed to her Apple Watch.