News on 3G at O2 shops

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pennine, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Pennine macrumors 6502

Anyone know when more 3G 's will be available? I want one this week if poss

2. VibrantGravy macrumors newbie

Don't bank on it. Friday currently looks like the best bet, try ringing your local store(s) and finding out when their deliveries are.

3. iphonesarecool macrumors member

iphonesarecool

Here's the stock for Wednesday at Apple stores.

Attached Files:

4. afd macrumors 6502a

Pity there's not a similar webpage for o2 shops.

5. chrisblore macrumors regular

O2 couldn't even manage a simple online order system last Monday so I don't think there's much hope of that! :rolleyes:

6. illitrate23 macrumors 6502

illitrate23

i asked in the O2 shops near work and they all said that the end of the week seemed likely for when they'd get new stock, but they had no idea how much stock they'd get
    3 other people in the shop at the same time as me asked the same question

i wish i could just go to the apple store on regent st and upgrade from my gen1 iphone there

7. afd macrumors 6502a

I know, I'm sure there is an appropriate phrase involving a brewery...

8. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

just to let you know there is a thread we're trying to keep up to date with release info found here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=521195

Hope it helps :) but yeah the general vibe everyone is getting is stock updates Thursday / Friday so its looking like potluck!

9. afd macrumors 6502a

o2 must know when they are getting new stock. you would think?

10. stimpled0rf macrumors newbie

Its surprising to me to but i do doubt it. Most stock is based around JIT (just in time) so firms dont sit on stock and cash.. in that case deliveries are usually every week and organised very quickly. With seemingly no exact schedule they just seem to receive an email from the distributor a day or two before it comes in. I'm guessing that email will come tomorrow with a delivery Thursday or Friday.. Frustrating i know :(

11. afd macrumors 6502a

yes. especially since I managed to sell my old iphone, thinking I'd get one last friday...

12. zign macrumors 6502

zign

I've stopped by an O2 shop in London (City-Cheapside). Was told they are expecting some any time now as in today, tomorrow or friday.

13. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Thanks for the info. Does anybody know how fast they sell out? Thinking of going to regent street at midday

14. TwiceNightly macrumors 6502

TwiceNightly

A colleague of mine went to the Kingston store yesterday and got a White one. He asked how many they had in stock and they told him "more than we can sell at the moment"

15. alFR macrumors 68020

Online, O2 are saying there will be limited stocks in certain stores today (with more "soon") but nothing online (or for online upgrades from Gen 1) until after the 25th. Lordy.... :rolleyes:

16. dmchapman macrumors newbie

I've just phoned the bluewater apple store to ask about stock (I've a chance of popping in tomorrow pm). They claim to have sold all of their 16GB black today (but will likely have more delivered tonight - can't say how many) but have "shed loads" of the white ones...

Shame I don't want a white one :(

Anyone been up there? I'm interested to know if they have 3 a day or loads (he wouldn't tell me any figures, just first come, first served and they expected to "have some").

17. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Thursday's availability to save you from looking

Attached Files:

18. jclaydon macrumors member

What are the queues like at the Kingston store? I'm thinking of popping up there on Saturday morning but with 2 little ones don't fancy having to stand in a line.

Thanks

19. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

Well dammit, Now O2 needs to let me upgrade in an Apple Store, the bastards. Bluewater is my local Apple Store dammit! :mad:

20. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

Also, certain O2 retail stores have 'limited' stock of the 8GB iPhone 3G, but none of the 16GB. As stated above by someone else, they hope to have online ordering and upgrades back shortly the 25th of July when they are receiving "considerably more stock", although they still say supply of the 16GB model will be "limited".

Link