News on Jailbreaking 3.2.2

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by NttDocomo, Aug 21, 2010.

1. NttDocomo macrumors member

Hi, I just got another iPad for my friend but unfortunately it came with 3.2.2 (it seems now buying an iPad with 3.2.1 is a 50/50 hit and miss). Just wonder if there's any news on a new jailbreak is being worked on for jailbreak 3.2.2?

Also if I decided to sell the one I have and tried buying another unit again, what's my best chances of getting one with 3.2.1? Thank you very much for all the help. :)

2. dZp macrumors 6502a

dZp

If any new jailbreak comes out, chances are you'll read about it first on http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

Don't hold your breath for a 3.2.2 jailbreak. Very unlikely until a future proper firmware release eg: 3.3? / 4.0.

3. xraytech macrumors 68020

Unlikely a new JB will come out until the release of iPad iOS4.

4. NttDocomo thread starter macrumors member

Thanks but is there any news for iOS 4? The only thing I heard is the 7" iPad will come out in Dec, so it's likely that the iOS won't come out until then?

In fact I am wondering is now a bad time to buy an iPad since the new one is coming out soon...

Thanks again for all the help.

5. newdeal macrumors 68020

The release of ios for iPad will probably be announced at the September iPod event. 3.2.2 has no advantage over 3.2.1 so imdoubt e dev team will reveal any further holes they can insert w jailbreak through for fear it will be sealed when ios hits

6. rikbrown macrumors regular

You shouldn't blindly believe rumours.

7. 3282868 macrumors 603

On Cydia on my iPad (running iOS 3.2.1) it states my SHSH files for both 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 are on file. Technically, if Apple is still signing 3.2.1 and their iPad has been jailbroken, you can downgrade to 3.2.1 or even simply jailbreak 3.2.2 with your SHSH files on Cydia by modifying the hosts file to redirect iTunes signing to Sauriks site. Should still work no?

8. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

No. First of all, if Apple were still signing 3.2.1, there would be no need to redirect iTunes to Saurik's server. The whole point of saving SHSH and redirecting iTunes is to restore to older firmware *after* Apple has stopped signing them.

Second, THERE IS NO JAILBREAK FOR 3.2.2. If you are on 3.2.2, but you have SHSH for 3.2.1 saved, then you can downgrade to 3.2.1 and jailbreak. If you missed saving SHSH for 3.2.1, sorry, but there's no jailbreak for you until the next major iOS release.

9. saberahul macrumors 68040

Well I can only hope that what you say is true. I'm getting more and more annoying day by day for the arrival of iOS4. As per the JB, I'm certain myself that anything new will be introduced until the release of iOS4.

10. 3282868 macrumors 603

Ah sorry. Was just trying to help. My iPad is fine, haven't updated and will not until 3.2.2 has a confirmed update. I thought I read that 3.2.2 was jailbreakable. My apologies. :eek:)