News sites free from olympic spoilers?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wordmunger, Aug 13, 2008.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I'm totally addicted to watching NBC's Olympics coverage every night, but now I'm afraid to visit the NY times, etc. during the day for fear of getting Olympics spoilers. Has anyone found a news site that doesn't spoil the evening's Olympics results?

2. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

Honestly most of what NBC has been showing has been live due to the exactly 12 hours time difference. I havent noticed many olympic stories on the news sites that were from events that will be on NBC...

3. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Interesting. Did they schedule all the events in the morning just to make the U.S. TV market happy? Or are the news sites just wary of putting spoilers up?

4. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

The swimming finals were moved from night to morning for US TV. Normally the finals are held in the evening.

5. OscarTheGrouch macrumors 6502

Nah.. There was an hour or so of diving last night that was tape delayed, but mostly it seems the stuff is live. I enjoyed watching beach volleyball last night also :)

6. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Yikes! I opened up the NY Times this morning and there was a whole slew of spoilers! Maybe weekend coverage is different?

7. cleanup macrumors 68030

cleanup

There's no need to spoil the results. We all know that Phelps took the gold. In everything. Probably even in obscure events like pentathlon and equestrian. Damn him!

8. riscy macrumors 6502a

riscy

This is the price you pay for living in an information rich community - you can't escape the facts and news, you are surrounded and bombarded by information.

Got to have it fast, have it now, otherwise you are out of the loop ;)

9. test124 macrumors newbie

msn.com, then click "Hide Results"

Go to msn.com, then click "Hide Results" on the Beijing 2008 Olympic Games tab. When you come back to the site, you'll see spoiler-free news. The first time you go there, keep your eye focus on the very right hand side of the page. Look for the red "Hide Results" page with your peripheral vision, then click on it -- this will hopefully avoid any spoilers when you set this up the first time.

10. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

That's cool! Too bad it crashes Firefox and doesn't have much actual news on the site. I clicked on the MSNBC link and there were tons of spoilers again! Aargh. I think I just need to be uninformed until the Olympics are over.