iPad Pro Newsletter Builder?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by D2Rhino, Aug 19, 2016.

1. D2Rhino macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

Hi, I'm a digital marketer and recent convert from PC (/wrists) to iPad Pro. I love this thing, it works far better than any computer I've used in my ~16 years of PC usage. I can do everything I need to do on the iPad and do not even have a computer anymore, EXCEPT building newsletters. Does anyone know of a good WYSIWYG HTML and/or newsletter builder? MailChimp's newsletter builder is the only one that sort of works, and it's still a complete train wreck on a touchscreen, and no other web-based builder I've tried functions at all on a touchscreen.

Being able to build a newsletter is the last hurdle I have, and it's driving me nuts. I appreciate any suggestions!

2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Have you tried any of the Flyers Templates built into Pages?

[​IMG]

3. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

I would absolutely love to use Pages, but it won't export as HTML, much less responsive HTML :(

4. blaine07 macrumors 65816

What exactly are you wanting it to do with HTML? Are you wanting it to be interactive if you will? I guess I don't understand benefit of HTML newsletter?

Sorry man, hopefully someone else has a good idea.

5. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

So, professional/enterprise class newsletters are sent via professional sending services, and these require you to import HTML if you're not using their builders. This isn't for a 'mom n pop' newsletter, I'm wanting to build something for enterprise level services. I definitely appreciate the suggestion, though, and thanks!

6. blaine07 macrumors 65816

Ahh makes sense. Gotcha. Well, if anywhere can turn up info your in the right place. Surely someone else will chime in soon.

7. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

8. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

Thanks for the link! He does a lot of stuff with an iPad, too. However the type of newsletters he's building are very basic, and are easily made via markdown/text to HTML. I'm needing some with with a lot more complex interface, like a desktop builder would offer. Templates sections would be too limited. ><

9. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

If you are able to write HTML/CSS code by hand, try Coda. If you're strictly looking for a WYSIWYG editor then I think you're out of luck.

10. bensisko macrumors 65816

I use Microsoft's Sway: https://sway.com

There is an app or you can build through their web site.
    I absolutely ADORE Sway!

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I googled "ipad wysiwyg html editor" and found this. I have no personal experience with this app, so I don't know whether it actually works or not.

HTML Egg - Web Page Creator
    https://appsto.re/us/shjPA.i

12. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

Thanks guys!

- I do know HTML, but writing by hand is way too much of a time suck
    - Sway does not export as HTML nor connect to MailChimp as far as I am aware ><
    - HTML Egg seemed to only export direct to web server, but I emailed them to double check in the past and heard nothing...hoping I will this time

Thanks!

13. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Try Adobe Spark. It can be published in numerous formats.

14. bensisko macrumors 65816

+1 - Spark is another good one!

15. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Ulysses maybe good as well due to its many sharing options available.

16. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

It does this via embed, not export. It's not able to export HTML either. :(

17. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

18. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

19. blaine07 macrumors 65816

We tried; we failed lol. Nothing anyone suggested exported in correct format for you?

20. Wackery macrumors 6502a

21. D2Rhino thread starter macrumors newbie

D2Rhino

The format is simple: HTML. But that doesn't seem to be simple on an iPad :( thanks guys!

22. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

23. bensisko macrumors 65816

There are several good suggestions on here (Here's another one: Quark Design Pad).

If you're really intent on doing newsletters on your iPad, then I suggest you don't look at it from JUST a tool PoV - also look at it from a workflow PoV.
    • Can you design using one of the tools listed here and do the exporting on a PC?
      • Example: Design a layout on the iPad using Adobe's Comp. Use Comp to build a template in InDesign. Use Word or Pages on the iPad to author content, then bring it into your InDeisng template and publish to whatever format you desire.
    • If you like one of the tools listed here but the service you're using doesn't accept the output, perhaps it's time to find a new service!
    Tools on the iPad are unlikely to support generating multiple files (i.e. An HTML site with pages and graphics) vs. a Single file (such as a word doc) - UNLESS it's web/cloud based (such as Sway).

24. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I was thinking that the desktop versions of Word had an export to html function. I don't know if it has that in iOS or not.

25. bensisko macrumors 65816

On the iPad, no. Even on the desktop, that's not HTML you want to use. MS may have cleaned it up in 365 (I kind of doubt it).