Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Davydd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
I take it one doesn't exist? I know I can read comic strips through Safari going to several websites. I just thought by now someone would make a dedicated app to feature them. The biggest disappointment in all the newspaper apps is they leave out the comic strips they publish in print editions.

FortWorthMac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2008
the parched earth of North Texas
I take it one doesn't exist? I know I can read comic strips through Safari going to several websites. I just thought by now someone would make a dedicated app to feature them. The biggest disappointment in all the newspaper apps is they leave out the comic strips they publish in print editions.

It's probably more then you wanting to spend but have you tried the app PressReader? For 10/month one gets 30 newspaper downloads a month. The company has virtually every newspaper in the world and they feature the actual newspaper not like newspaper apps. I love it!

HTH

David

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010

Not all leave them out. I noticed The Oklahoman has a section for their comics in the app. Looks pretty good too.

Davydd

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Minnesota
It's probably more then you wanting to spend but have you tried the app PressReader? For 10/month one gets 30 newspaper downloads a month. The company has virtually every newspaper in the world and they feature the actual newspaper not like newspaper apps. I love it!

HTH

David

My hometown newspaper, Minneapolis Star Tribune, was like that for a while until Apple enforced their 30% take subscription rule. I preferred reading an exact replica of the print paper when traveling on the road in an RV. Of course, a replica paper has your familiar comic strips. They went to an app similar to the Washington Post and no longer give you everything in the paper such as the comic strips.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.