Newspaper Props

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by swwack91, Dec 8, 2007.

1. swwack91 macrumors 6502a

For the next short film I'm working on, I'm going to need some fake newspapers with some articles about my character. It doesn't really matter what the rest of the newspaper says, I just need those few pictures and a fake article for the camera to see and other characters to read.

Any suggestions for either making it or getting it made?

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

You can design it easy enough with any dtp program, however getting it printed on newspaper will be a lot harder without spending a great deal of money. Might help to have a friend in the printing dept of your newspaper.

3. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the advice.

there's like two different things i need... one i already have figured out.

the first article i'm gonna print on regular paper and frame, cuz it's supposed to be like "BEST GOALIE IN THE STATE" about the character so that's easy to figure that it was copied and framed.

but he 2nd one is more complicated cuz i like need to have an obituary... and that's not something that would be nice and framed.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

First one - yes, plain paper will work. Just make it look professional.

Second one, i think it would be a lot easier for the characters to fake it - reading a real newspaper and filling in the info about the characters while only showing generic shots of the paper, like the whole obit page instead of the character's obit.

5. swwack91 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well seeing the obit is the way i want to reveal the character's death.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Then you may have to find someone that does print prop newspapers, or call your local paper and see if they'll run your obit for you. They might.