Newsstand 2.2 update out

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by odelay, Nov 20, 2009.

1. odelay macrumors 6502

Awesome. I've been waiting for this. Massive speed improvement in syncing. Now the best google reader app on all levels IMO.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

3. BD1 macrumors 6502

Just tried 2.2. Still has major bugs with unread/read counts. I even tried deleting and downloading new version.

When I switch back and forth between using Newsstand and google reader on my macbook, newsstand does not pickup the most recent read articles from google reader. I have lots of feeds/folders so maybe that causes problems. I tried sync button, starting app, etc. But unread counts are wrong.

Speed of loading new articles is much better.

Still no way (that I can see) to mark article unread.

So I am staying with MobileRSS for now.

4. Hicks. macrumors regular

Hicks.

Still find this kills my memory. I'm syncing 22 feeds. It's a bit faster than the previous version- although not by much even when I've compressed my DB (which seemed to take ages). I have to run memory sweeper quite regularly to free up RAM again.

Really useful app though. I don't get much time with my laptop anymore so it comes in handy to keep up to speed with things.

5. emailYasmin macrumors member

emailYasmin

I wonder what Byline people are doing these days?

6. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

7. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

According to their tweets, Byline 3.0 is on its way and should be out some time in December.

8. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

I think, it's obvious who the loser is amongst the four (lol):

[​IMG]

All three fetched 85 items (Newsie has no badge notification), while Newsstand fetched only 83. :rolleyes:

9. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Going to give it a go now, impressed with the layout and features :)

10. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

I can only view the headlines of feeds, anyone else have this problem? :confused:

11. BD1 macrumors 6502

I have given up on newsstand. It has problems with sync and sync counts. I emailed the developer 2 releases ago when this problem seemed to start but never got a response.

I have switched to mobilerss which I think is best rss reader (I have tried most).

They have a free and paid version which they just updated today with a few enhancements and bug fixes:

free:
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilerss-free-google-reader/id333925239?mt=8

paid (no ads):
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobilerss-for-google-rss-reader/id325594202?mt=8