Newsstand graphics slow on new iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by pat park, Mar 17, 2012.

1. pat park macrumors 6502a

Newsstand still takes a second for the whole page to come into focus. Me thinks it's graphics related. anyone else notice when you switch pages in a magazine, the page is for the most part blurry and takes a few seconds to come into focus?

2. Stinkballs macrumors newbie

Stinkballs

3. macinhand macrumors regular

macinhand

Same here with the Mac Life magazine! As above it's driving me nuts as well. I have reported it to the developer but yet to receive a reply!

What magazine does it effect for you? We will be able to see if it is a particular developers codes or across the board!

4. Stinkballs macrumors newbie

Stinkballs

As a matter of fact, MacLife and PC Gamer mags both are slow to focus. Those are the only two I subscribe to. Bet all of them are like what we're seeing.

5. davidec macrumors regular

Any1 get a fix for this? Pages take a while to redraw in newsstand. I'm reading Future Music and Edge?

6. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I'm not getting the slow loading with Distro, however I am getting really choppy motion when swiping from page to page. It stutters and its pretty annoying. The pages look incredible though, I'll give them that.

7. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

Yep! Happens to me too. The pixels that the magazine has to load to fill a page increased by 4 but the CPU available to decode those images didn't get any faster...

8. pat park thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guitar World also blurs out. I think all the magazines do this on Newsstand.

9. haruhiko macrumors 601

haruhiko

The same is happening on my National Geographic Magazine :mad:

10. astrorider macrumors 6502

I don't think some apps have even been updated yet, and others seem like they only have updated retina graphics but not the issues themselves (blurry). Distro (Engadget) and BMW Motorcycle Magazine are two that have updated issues and look great. I think the problem is many of these developers have a whole slew of magazines so they may never update all the back issues to higher resolution, but hopefully new issues will start being higher resolution.