Newsstand not updating (the daily)

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by djmodifyd, Apr 7, 2012.

1. djmodifyd macrumors regular

I have the daily and distro in my newsstand.

Distro is autodownloading in the background as it is supposed to, but for the last week and a half the daily is not.

I can manually Download the daiy, but that's not how it's supposed to work! I've rebooted the iPad, reinstalled the daily and restored subscription.

Any one else having issues with the daily?

Does the iPad have to be at a certain battery level to auto download?

Thanks!

2. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have never tried to download the Daily automatically. I did not know it could be done. Each morning when I open the Daily App it asks me if I want it to look for new data. I OK it and then it downloads the new copy.

I could be wrong but this I think that this is the way it is supposed to work.

Tom G.

3. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Mine did auto-update, but has since stopped. I'm assuming it's an issue on The Daily's side.

4. djmodifyd thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for the replys.

If I'm not the only one I can assume as well that it's on the dailys side

5. wygit macrumors newbie

if it is, a lot of publishers are making the same mistake.

There are tons of complaints/queries about pretty much all of the Conde Nast magazines not background-updating. I've never gotten Wired or New Yorker to download without manually opening the magazine.

6. Errk! macrumors 6502

The Daily hasn't automatically downloaded for me for a few weeks now. I get the Sporting News which is daily and that updates fine.

So no, it's not just you. I've tried deleting, rebooting, reinstalling, restoring...nothing works.