Newstand issues on iOS 8.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Droidrage729, Aug 31, 2014.

1. Droidrage729 macrumors 6502

I have been using newstand on iOS 8 for a while now without issues. About a day or so ago I went to read a magazine and they were no longer downloaded. I went to download it and I keep getting errors. I've tried on several different magazines for which I have subscriptions and it's as if newstand has just ceased working. I realize ITS A BETA and I'm not complaining just wondering if anyone has had this issue or as able to resolve it.

2. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

I haven't had any issue so far with downloading magazines using the new stand app in iOS8. I have an Ipad mini and that is my beta testing for ipad mini, (have a working full time ipad 3 for productivity).

Can you tell me what download errors you getting? Sometimes depending on the magazine i download, it can be buggy and crash when flicking pages, but that only happens when i download new magazines. Not complaining, but something worth mentioning.

Hope this helps. :)

3. Droidrage729 thread starter macrumors 6502

I just signed out of Macworld re entered my info and it downloaded an issue but just crashes when I try to open a magazine. Same with men's health.

4. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

5. KrisLord macrumors 65816

I've had issues since the beta started with various magazines including Macworld. Normally they crash rather than fail to download. Sometimes a restart helps or deleting and re downloading the issue.

6. Droidrage729 thread starter macrumors 6502

I know right! I don't read books or anything I just prefer my magazines on there cause it cuts down on the clutter in my house. If it weren't for digital subscriptions I probably wouldn't have 5 of them.

7. kenneywj macrumors newbie

I too have been having issues and thought it was only me as I didn't see this mentioned. People, Time, Entertainment Weekly and anything published by Conde Nast all have problems. I hope it's fixed soon.