Newstand REALLY needs to have an on/OFF feature.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBreatheApple, Oct 5, 2011.

1. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I know some people will love newsstand, I for one, will NEVER use and and it drives me crazy that I can't hide it. It just sits there. I mean, I know it's not the biggest deal in the world, but it works my OCD a bit.

2. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yeah, you should be able to nuke it and redownload from the App Store if you'd like rather than having to play games to hide it. To be fair, Apple devices come with a minimal amount of apps like this compared to other manufacturers.

On my iPad and MacBook Air I have simply grouped all of those types of apps together in a folder and placed it where they won't be seen very often.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I wish there would be but I highly doubt Apple will let us do that unfortunately

4. batting1000 macrumors 604

I understand where everyone is coming from, but I personally think the icon looks nice.

5. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I'm not saying it doesn't but for me and others we just don't want icons we're never gonna use and this is even worse because you can't put it in a folder. And I also don't want to create a separate page just to put it there and keep it out of sign.

6. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

The hell does that have to do with anything? It could be the nicest looking icon in the world, if I'm not using it I don't want it on my damn phone.