Newsweeks American Geek Speculates on iPhones Future

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G4R2, Dec 17, 2008.

1. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

Newsweek has a brief online article speculating about the future of the iPhone. Based on an analysts insight, the article speculates that it is possible that new iPhone form factors including a candybar style iPhone nano and a clamshell like device similar to a Nintendo DS might be considered. Additionally, there is some talk about a larger form factor for an iPhone variant.

Nothing new here really, and nothing that hasn't been dissected to shreds in these forums. What is a surprising omission is that the author suggests wirelessly linking an iPhone to a digital camera is in anyway a better feature than just improving the current camera's specs which are woefully deficient and seem to be a no brainer. There aren't many camera's out there with 16 gigs of internal memory built in and this seems like a logical way to improve the device.

Here's the link:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/175308

2. aluren macrumors 65816

good read. thanks for the post. if apple makes a very innovative iphone nano, then i think apple will definitely dominate the mobile phone market. maybe a dual touch screen clamshell or something.

3. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Good read, not so sure I agree with all of the predictions, but you never know... This is going to be one of the most interesting MacWorld conferences ever. Not only because we won't know what to expect, but because of the whole "Last Apple MacWorld", and "No Steve Jobs".

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

Or, one of the most uneventful.

5. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

I think this is the winner

6. Robby9279 macrumors regular

I second that