Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blur35mm

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Anyone else notice that the newton.com domain name has a record last updated status of 4-30-08?

Seems strange to think that the domain would be updated mid stream since the expiration date is not in the April/May time frame.

Newton.com currently points to the main apple.com page. Why is that? I would think it would post to a Newton support page which plenty exist at Apple support.

Coinzidenza?

I don't know why ANY company, including Apple would let their iPhones run out of stock for over a month worldwide. Doesn't make any sense, ESPECIALLY coming from a company who has supply chain down to a science. Designed by Apple in Cupertino, Made in China. How many of you out there have tracked your packages shipped from China? I can count an iBook, Mac Pro, and a G4 on my hand. Supply chain is NOT their problem.

Something is brewing...

Cheers-
Blur

nyquist11

macrumors member
Apr 2, 2008
this is true, but I think this has been pointed out many times on other threads... not the newton part though... does apple actually own it?:apple:

blur35mm

Cancelled
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
this is true, but I think this has been pointed out many times on other threads... not the newton part though... does apple actually own it?:apple:

MarkMonitor is the owner, but they maintain domains for Apple (and also Google for that matter).

Cheers-
Blur

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
A number of Apple's domains were updated on April 30th, including newton.com, imac.com, xserve.com, and ichat.com.

Others were updated on March 30th, including apple.com and iphone.com.

I wouldn't read anything into it...the changes were almost certainly just updating some details.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.