Newton.com Domain Last Updated 4-30-08

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by blur35mm, May 12, 2008.

1. blur35mm macrumors member

Anyone else notice that the newton.com domain name has a record last updated status of 4-30-08?

Seems strange to think that the domain would be updated mid stream since the expiration date is not in the April/May time frame.

Newton.com currently points to the main apple.com page. Why is that? I would think it would post to a Newton support page which plenty exist at Apple support.

Coinzidenza?

I don't know why ANY company, including Apple would let their iPhones run out of stock for over a month worldwide. Doesn't make any sense, ESPECIALLY coming from a company who has supply chain down to a science. Designed by Apple in Cupertino, Made in China. How many of you out there have tracked your packages shipped from China? I can count an iBook, mac pro, and a G4 on my hand. Supply chain is NOT their problem.

Something is brewing...

Cheers-
    Blur

2. nyquist11 macrumors member

this is true, but I think this has been pointed out many times on other threads... not the newton part though... does apple actually own it?:apple:

3. blur35mm thread starter macrumors member

MarkMonitor is the owner, but they maintain domains for Apple (and also Google for that matter).

Cheers-
    Blur

4. BlakTornado Guest

BlakTornado

Could just be to stop someone getting the domain and using it for evil.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

We all know what this means.......fig newtons are coming back in a BIG way in 2008!

6. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

Wouldn't explain why they updated it when it was only half way towards it's expiration date...

7. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I can't say that I pay that much attention to domain name registrations.

I would be surprised if it signified anything at all.

8. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

A number of Apple's domains were updated on April 30th, including newton.com, imac.com, xserve.com, and ichat.com.

Others were updated on March 30th, including apple.com and iphone.com.

I wouldn't read anything into it...the changes were almost certainly just updating some details.