Next 15" upgrade?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jlicht, Oct 24, 2012.

1. jlicht macrumors newbie

After the 13" retina was released, the MBP still has a mid-product cycle mark in the buyer's guide.
    What are the current speculations on what the next upgrade will consist of? Since the last one was the introduction of retina, I could imagine that it will be tweaks and minor hardware boosts, but maybe the rumors go differently?

My previous MBP was stolen when my house was broken into, so waiting another 100 days for a new cycle might be a bit much for me, but I want to consider every option.

Cheers

2. Snowshiro macrumors 6502

I can't see any point in them upgrading until Haswell which isn't scheduled for release until March-June next year. Given Intel's recent track record of not getting stuff out of the door in time (hence Apple waiting around for longer than usual to refresh most of their computer lines with Ivy Bridge) and the time it takes for system designers to incorporate new technologies, I'd be very surprised if we see anything resembling a new 15" Retina before next June, and possibly later in the summer.

If you need a laptop now, I'd buy. I bought a 15" Retina a month ago, so I'm not that far ahead of you, and it's got plenty of years life ahead of it, even if it's not always the new shiny kid on the block.

3. jlicht thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, that is useful information. :)