NEXT 18 month upgrades + Applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dndandrea, Sep 15, 2014.

1. dndandrea macrumors 6502

iPhone 6 factory warranty lasts 12 months. During this time, any defect will be repaired or a replacement phone will be given.

Applecare adds +1 year to factory warranty and includes damage insurance ($99 + $79 + tax to replace phone). Plus they treat you a little bit better as a customer.

Does Applecare transfer to my new device after 18 months or does it get reimbursed? How much should I expect to be reimbursed from Apple?

What are your thoughts on getting applecare if you upgrade every 12-18 months?

2. rdowty macrumors 6502a

rdowty

AppleCare is great but it doesn't seem to add to the resale value much if at all. I doubt AT&T will give you any more if/when you turn in your phone and places like Gazelle don't either.

I have bought it on my last two phones which I carried naked but never used it. This year I'm buying a case and no AppleCare because Apple neglected to offer inexpensive docks like before and I really don't like the antenna band design anyway.

3. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

It does not transfer to the new phone. You need to call Apple to cancel it and then repurchase on the new phone.
    They prorate the credit back depending on how long you are in.

For example, I got my last 5 back in June I guess of 2013. I cancelled about 3 weeks ago and was credited back about $50.

4. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

You can do that?? Do you just call apple and have them cancel? This is he first I'm hearing of this and am very interested

5. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Understand the cancellation and refund guidelines

If you cancel within 30 days of purchasing your AppleCare product, you'll get a full refund less the value of any service already provided.

If you cancel more than 30 days after purchasing your AppleCare product, you'll get a pro rata refund based on the percentage of unexpired AppleCare product coverage less the value of any service already provided. You can find the cancellation fee in the AppleCare product Terms and Conditions.

The guidelines may vary in your region, so read the Terms and Conditions specific to your product and country.

Check with Apple customer support or a store though. You should get a refund as the other poster mentioned.

6. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

i have done it with every iphone I have had to date as I only keep them a year if even that.