Next AW3 Shipment from Verizon

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by kgruv, Sep 25, 2017.

1. kgruv macrumors newbie

I unfortunately did not get to ordering my AW3 from Verizon until Sunday 9/17. By this time Verizon already had an estimated delivery of 10/11. Does anyone know or received any status update as to when Verizon will have its next shipment to send out? Or any idea how things worked previously with Verizon and their back orders? I noticed the estimated delivery per the Verizon website still says 10/11. Of course there has been no change in the status of my order. I know they are notorious for keeping it as processing until it is actually shipped. I have been waiting for LTE to come to the Apple Watch before I bought one. So I am anxiously awaiting my first one!

Thanks!!

2. coolbreeze2, Sep 25, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2017

coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

I too just ordered mine from Verizon. I ordered from Verizon because they are my current carrier, their shipping date is the soonest of all websites that I checked (Apple, Best-Buy, etc.), and I get to split the cost into 6 no interest payments. I ordered on 9/22 and my shipping date is 10/11. I called them today and the rep explained that they have not actually received the watches yet. However, she said the shipping date is based on information provided to Verizon by Apple. She said she thinks the date is solid but in the past shipping date from Apple have had to change without warning.

3. kgruv thread starter macrumors newbie

I did receive a text last night from Verizon saying that my order was received yesterday, 9/25, even though I placed my pre order on 9/17. I hope this means that it will be shipped soon?

4. coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

Hmmm..They pushed your order date back. To me, that does not sound good.

I called them again last night because I read on a site that some of these carriers are selling the GPS-only version and their reps don't know the difference. Although I ordered via Verizon website, I called anyway to be sure I ordered Cellular version. The rep found my order and confirmed it was Cellular. She also confirmed my order date as 9/22 and shipping date is still 10/11. She said they have received very little training and admitted she did not know there are GPS only models. She did not know if Verizon was selling both or not. With new products you have to be careful when ordering because reps are not up to speed.

5. kgruv thread starter macrumors newbie

Right as I was about to call Verizon to find out if my order was pushed back I got another text saying the watch is shipped with my tracking number. It will be here on Thursday! Now, it better not be a GPS only one. Although, in the order it does have two items, the watch and a "G and D Soft SIM Type S." So I am taking that as a good sign I am good to go. I am very excited!!

6. coolbreeze2 macrumors 6502a

coolbreeze2

Congratulations!! I hope mine changes and ships early. I also see "G and D Soft SIM Type S" listed as a part of my order. What I also see is a dedicated phone number for the watch (it is not my cell number nor my iPad number). I asked the rep why does the watch have its own number if it supposed to share with the phone. She said all LTE watches will have a dedicated number but it still shares with the cell as one. That's real confusing. Did yours have a dedicated number?

7. ersan191 macrumors 65816

I don't believe Verizon sells GPS-only watches.

8. kgruv thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, my watch has a different number than my iPhone. The same goes for my LTE iPad as well. I agree, I think all that Verizon sells is LTE watches, it would not make much sense for them to sell the GPS only version. I think all signs point to you receiving the LTE watch you ordered. Now you just need to get that shipping notification!

9. kpieditor macrumors newbie

kpieditor

--- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2017 ---
    I ordered my watch on 9/17 and was just sent an email that it has shipped and will be delivered by end of day tomorrow 9/28!!!!!
    --- Post Merged, Sep 27, 2017 ---
    I got my notice today that I will get mine tomorrow by end of day!!!!

10. predation macrumors 65816

I'm pretty sure none of the carriers sell gps-only of the AW3's.