Next big MBP release in April - Prediction

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Coolio-Alert, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Coolio-Alert macrumors newbie

Has anybody noticed that Apple's 25th anniversary is coming up in April '11, for this reason I am expecting Apple to do something extravagant to the MBP in terms of hardware. This would make sense due to the fact that there was nothing at the last event except a silent speed bump. By waiting till April the MBP and the MB will have exceeded their average life spans, according to the buyer's guide.

Of course it would have to be now that I am interested in getting one but in the same boat as everybody else on this forum, when to buy? Since the unibody will have been around for 4-ish years coming up, I assume the redesign will be big and have some features that will be optimized for OSX Lion.

Thoughts?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It's Apple's 35th birthday, as it has been founded in 1976. And the Unibody design with the MacBook Pro and MacBook line has been with use since 10/2008, thus it will be "only" 30 months old in April 2011. The design before that stayed with us for 70 months, if one includes the PowerBook.

Anyway, an update to Sandy Bridge is expected, thus faster CPUs and less power consumption. Btw, this gets discussed daily in a variety of threads, have you taken a look at any of them?

3. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

Well, probably will see some more things like with the new Air, SSD Flash chips as standard wouldn't surprise me, hopefully instant on/off capability. Not only is Flash storage more reliable, but it can potentially increase performance tremendously. Just have to get 512 GB available, and 256 GB affordable. The hard disk on my 2009 MBP is definitely the big bottleneck on performance.

4. AdamRock macrumors 6502a

AdamRock

apple has perfected the design to their liking, so you probably wont see a design change, but hopefully ssd becomes a standard (probably not) and faster CPU/GPU