next day shipping not actually next day

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dabills80, Oct 14, 2008.

1. dabills80 macrumors member

I ordered a new macbook pro today and paid for next day air. Does anyone know why it says the earliest I can get it is Monday? Maybe because I'm all the way in Mississippi? I also saw a forum where people were saying they should have their notebooks sometime tomorrow.

2. Mr$Whale macrumors member

All the items are listed as 1-3 days processing time. Probably more time if there's any modification. Could also have to do with the quantity of macbooks ordered today, and being able to service orders.

3. dabills80 thread starter macrumors member

btw the tracking says that its ready to ship-hopefully it won't just sit there

4. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Why would you think it would be "next day" when the Apple Store explicitly says availability is "3-5 days"? Anyway, based on the 3-5 day shipping the earliest you could get your computer would be Monday if it shipped Friday -- 3 days from today + 1 day shipping.

Many times Apple ships faster, but I suspect the first batch of MBPs is coming direct from China. If that is the case there was no need for you to pay for next day and once you verify shipping is from China when you get your tracking number call up Apple and they will refund your money on request since "next day" is the only ship option and going with the free ground would get you your computer just as fast. (Been there, done that, got the refund).