Next Day Shipping the day before NYE

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gonzo3333, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Gonzo3333 macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I was wondering if anybody has experience with Apple and their shipping times around holidays and weekends. I placed an order for a refurbished Apple 24" Cinema Display this morning (around 11:15am Chicago time) with next day shipping. What I was wondering is, will I see it tomorrow or next week sometime. I know I will get an email when the package leaves the warehouse, but the suspense is killing me. In the emailed invoice it says that it will arrive by Jan 4th or 6th. Maybe I'll get lucky and have it tomorrow, I'll cross my fingers.

2. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

3. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I just got an email that says that the monitor has left the Apple warehouse! I think I should see it tomorrow. I don't know if I can take waiting for this thing over the long weekend. I will update you as I know more. Very excited, time to start moving things off my desk.

4. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

I know this from very personal experience :)

I ordered my 21.5" iMac refurb yesterday at 3 A.M, with next day shipping. Got it today by 10 A.M.

Unless it gets lost, you should most definitely get it tomorrow.

5. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

I guess that will be the last of the good news of this year for me since I plan on doing absolutely nothing for the next 4 days! Unless I win the lottery tonight.

6. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Once you get a tracking number you can know for sure, but if it left the warehouse today, you should be getting it tomorrow assuming FedEx/UPS doesn't screw something up. :)

7. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

It is shipping via FedEx. I have never ever had any issues with FedEx so I think I should get it sometime in the afternoon tomorrow.

8. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

Looks like the monitor is in Memphis. Apple must have some kind of referb shop there. I thought it would have come directly from California or something. Come to think about it they probably have a few in each general area of the USA or something.

9. Gonzo3333 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Gonzo3333

It has arrived in all of it's refurbished glory. Man this thing is beautiful. Now I just have to wait until it warms up a bit to fire it up.

10. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Well that's cool that everything worked out for you.