Next Day Shipping

Krionis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
28
0
So, I just bought my MBP from the apple online store(like 6:45 on thursday the 17th). I paid for next day shipping so assuming it ships tomorrow I would expect it the 19th right? Well the apple estimation is the 21st for delivery while the its the 18th for shipping, thats hardly next day. As far as I know UPS and Fedex ship on saturdays so shouldn't I receive it saturday or am i mistaken?. Is apple basing its estimate on the standard free shipping?
Thanks
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
2
Krionis said:
Well the apple estimation is the 21st for delivery while the its the 18th for shipping, thats hardly next day. As far as I know UPS and Fedex ship on saturdays so shouldn't I receive it saturday or am i mistaken?.
Did you customize it in anyway? That will automatically throw the ship date later...

Plus, although FedEx and UPS deliver on Saturdays, that's usually more expensive... even more so then just Next Day (I think).
 

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
903
0
UPS does not delivery on Saturdays.

Apple usually ships FedEx.
There are 2 overnight options from FedEx

Standard: next business day delivery by 3pm
Priority: next day (except Sunday) by 10:30 (or 1:30 on Sat.)

I think you are probably looking at recieving a FedEx Standard Overnight so arriving on the 21st is correct. Check the routing info, it will tell you what kind of shipping you are getting.

Hope this helps.
 

Krionis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
28
0
I have standard, there was no other option anything else, does that mean that i mmight have as well have done 2 day and gotten it on monday anyway or do they not only not deliver on saturdays but not even ship on saturdays?

EDIT:I did not customize it but it isnt the shipping date i think is off its the delivery date.
 

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
15,588
2
Krionis said:
...or do they not only not deliver on saturdays but not even ship on saturdays?
Most companies don't process/ship/ or deliver on Saturdays. It's not officially a business day. :p
Krionis said:
EDIT:I did not customize it but it isnt the shipping date i think is off its the delivery date.
Er, delivery date also depends on the shipping date... So Friday the 18th, Monday the 21st. Bam. Two days.
 

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
903
0
Krionis said:
I have standard, there was no other option anything else, does that mean that i mmight have as well have done 2 day and gotten it on monday anyway or do they not only not deliver on saturdays but not even ship on saturdays?

EDIT:I did not customize it but it isnt the shipping date i think is off its the delivery date.
UPS and FedEx both "work" on Saturday. They just don't ship, unless you pay.

FedEx 2 day is "delivery in 2 bussiness days." You would have probably gotten it on Tuesday, maybe Monday.
 

xfiftyfour

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2006
2,573
0
Clemson, SC
Krionis said:
I have standard, there was no other option anything else, does that mean that i mmight have as well have done 2 day and gotten it on monday anyway or do they not only not deliver on saturdays but not even ship on saturdays?

EDIT:I did not customize it but it isnt the shipping date i think is off its the delivery date.
that close to a weekend, i probably would have saved some money and just gone with the 2-3 day option.. since you'll have paid more to get it monday, whereas someone else who paid less will get it tuesday at worse.
 

Krionis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
28
0
devilot said:
Er, delivery date also depends on the shipping date... So Friday the 18th, Monday the 21st. Bam. Two days.
Yeah exactly and since i didnt get 2 days i got next day thats what i was trying to figure out.

But anyway thanks for your help guys, MBP monday, woo.
 

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
3,567
95
Krionis said:
Yeah exactly and since i didnt get 2 days i got next day thats what i was trying to figure out.

But anyway thanks for your help guys, MBP monday, woo.
Mine is due Monday too :D
 

Krionis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2006
28
0
Just for the sake of thread closure my ipod and MBP both shipped on today the seventeenth and apples estimation is delivery tomorrow. So I'm now very glad i paid for next day shipping.
 

DarthBowie

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2006
53
0
Krionis said:
Just for the sake of thread closure my ipod and MBP both shipped on today the seventeenth and apples estimation is delivery tomorrow. So I'm now very glad i paid for next day shipping.
How much did you pay for shipping?