Next feature update?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by wbeasley, Nov 23, 2007.

1. wbeasley macrumors regular

wbeasley

Hi, new here, new to Mac too (yes, another XP to Leopard jumper <g>).

It's great they finally relented and fixed "the bug" that stopped us entering calender events.

Any thoughts/knowledge on when and what else we are likely to see other "bugs" fixed?

I have a Sony PSP and the constant trickle of added features was good and annoying... Sony were never going to win the hacking war and Apple should take that on board. Once Sony gave us the ability to encode movies at full screen res, I was a happy chappie.

Give us what we really want and you'll make more people happy - and sell more iPods! I love mine but knowing it could do so much more makes me reluctant to recommend them to everyone.

Even if Apple don't want to add all the apps (damn!), why can't we at least have the Touch show up as a drive in Windows and Mac? Surely that's not too big an ask.

A PDF viewer would be very handy too. Just think about all the manuals you could carry around and view while working on your other computer...

Finally, maybe a little off topic, why do we still have iTunes not allowing reverse copying (of non-DRM) songs,vids? My Sony MP3 player (cheap and sits in my car) lets you copy anything to anywhere using their software. If a major media owner company lets you do that, why can't Apple?

The recent talk about media owners setting up their own download shops should make it clear that Apple is going to face more competition.

If I can buy a non-DRM MP3 from other places for the same price and do with it what I like, why would a buy a non-MP3 from Apple that makes life difficult?

C'mon Apple, time to put the fight back to the rest of them.

And we'll all be winners :)

Cheers!
    Wayne

PS. I guess most of you will be US based and think "if you want iPod apps, gets an iPhone". We don't have them Australia yet. And more importantly, the Touch is nice, thin AND HERE NOW :)

2. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

I imagine that there will not be a major upgrade until February. In this we will see SDK support and, of course, the proverbial "bug fixes".
    Good to see you've made the plunge, I hope to follow soon!
    ~Dray

3. nlivo macrumors 6502a

i do believe (well I hope) that they will have a Wi-Fi sharing sort of app. The app will have everything to do with Wi-Fi...it'll use AirTunes, be able to see other iTunes and iPod touch's libraries and connect to them. Send a URL to one another, send photos, maybe even send songs that have been bought off iTunes. I don't know. But this I would absolutely love.

4. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

I know. ipod touch should be different from iphone. but some features must have like mail, weather, stock, google map widget. it's neccessaries for every day use. yeah, like you said, airtunes will be possible. I will welcome.