Next gen iPhone(not Nano)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dccp, Jan 7, 2009.

1. dccp macrumors newbie

Hi all.

I am hoping to get an iPhone soon but can't decide on the purchase yet. I don't want a portable audio/video/app phone with just 8G capacity and the pricing on the 16G is a bit steep. The rumored Nano(if it actually happens) is too small so I am not interested in that either. I can't seem to find any rumors on the next iPhone so I am hoping some of you will have information(or predictions). Any thoughts?

All posts appreciated.

Thanks

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

3. stevo8 macrumors 6502

I think a guess is about as good as you'll get right now. My guess is we won't see anything for a few months. This is only based off a friend who works for a product supplier and says apple has not put in any unusual request to their department as they usually would before a iPhone release. But really that means nothing so who knows.

4. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I'm thinking 32gb and new colours this year.

Next year I think we can expect a "next gen" iPhone.

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

You speculate/guess with such certainty…

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

I just believe they'll follow the iPod model (once a year, every year, in September). We won't get LTE in this next iPhone, so it's a prime time for everything BUT the cell hardware to be updated!

7. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Welcome to the internets.

8. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Fortunately, I don't just guess, and I'm rarely wrong, thanks to actual research.

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

It truly is amazing having infinite knowledge at your fingertips... if only the majority would take advantage.

To the OP, as of now everything you read on here (looking at you, nano crowd) is baseless speculation and rumor. Apple is doing a fine job of keeping their inner-workings inner. And personally, I think it's great that way. Keeps the excitement in the game. Who really wants to know exactly what is coming 1 year or even six months down the road? If that were public knowledge, Apple's sales would plummet and they wouldn't be able to fund any of their future products in the first place.

In conclusion, BUY IT. I haven't found a reason to be dissatisfied after settling with the current best. And if a new product is released tomorrow with twice the capacity and three times the speed? I'll be honest and say that I'd be back to the Apple store to exchange if I was in the 30 day window but otherwise it'd be no skin off my back. As I've mentioned previously, I didn't even use up the 8GB I had on my original iPhone so there was absolutely no reason for me to wait for a storage upgrade. I was simply hoping there would be some other minor improvement, i.e. battery life, light leak fixes, etc. Macworld came and went with no hardware improvements so I was out in a flash to get that 3G I've been wanting.

10. bwortman macrumors member

bwortman

I agree with you. I am not one to wait for what "might" happen. We can only go with what is on the market now and if I am in the market for a new tech item I am not one to wait