Next Gen iPhone screens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rockitdog, Aug 11, 2015.

1. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Seems like we all know that the next gen iPhones will have the same measurements sans new camera and upgraded processor, etc. but what about the screens? Any chance the screens will be improved or are we basically looking at the same screens and 325 ppi. for the iPhone 6 model?

2. stevemiller macrumors 65832

apple seems to have settled into a rhythm of screen/body updates in alternating years to more substantial processor/internal upgrades. this is the internals year.

technically the screen is getting upgraded with pressure sensitivity this round, so there's at least that.

oh and not to be a negative nancy, but when i got the 4S, the screen actually seemed like a bit of a regression from the iPhone 4 screen. it had a slightly sickly green tinge that i saw on pretty much every unit i encountered. both the 4 and the 5 series and beyond have all had much more natural looking colours.

on the up side, the 4S was still my favourite iPhone!

3. lagwagon Suspended

lagwagon

There's been photos and such already for the screen units for the new 6s. If anything was massively different it probably would have been found out from the images (and those who handled the screens to take the images.) The cable and some orange pieces were all that were different.

Most, if not all major screen updates have fallen on "number" revisions and not "s" models. (4 got Retina, 5 got 4", 6 got 4.7" and 5.5") This years (6s) Force Touch isn't exactly a "screen" update as it's not really reliant on a screen (MacBook and MacBook Pro trackpads aren't screens.) It's just sensors behind it that detect pressure to enhance how you can use the screen. (more inputs than just swipe and tap)

So I wouldn't expect anything as far as actual screen advancements until the iPhone 7 next September (2016)