Next Gen. iPhone Screens

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mtfield, May 13, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

Hey so the new iphone is supposed to have all these nifty features.. but has there been any talk about a higher res. screen? I remember a while ago people were talking about oled screens is that still thought as a possibility? If not are there any other types of screens that have come out that apple might put in the new model?

2. newyorksole macrumors 68030

Title was a little bit misleading, but the first iPhone rumors were that:

1)OLED Screens
    2)Thinner
    3)GPS
    4)Glossy Black Back

Now the rumors and speculation have escalated at an amazing rate

3. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Yes.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=457320&highlight=iphone+resolution+OLED+screen

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=315167&highlight=iphone+resolution+OLED+screen

and http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=438408&highlight=iphone+resolution+OLED+screen

The problem is that developers would need some forewarning about it. They might basically upgrade the resolution at the (WWDC) announcement of the 3G iPhone, and give developers some warning. Any developer not seeing a screen resolution change should think a bit more... It's a possible harsh quick update by Apple, but it's in the consumer's interests.

OLED is still a possibility as far as I know. Would be great for the iPhone for reasons given in the above threads. I'll see if I can find specific starting points on the threads if you like.

4. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    If it uses the S-Gold3 chip then its max is still 320x480.

5. bobertoq macrumors 6502a

Well.... I'm hoping it well be shaped like the iPod Classic (but still the same size as the current iPhone), but, has a black matte back without a chrome trim, 3G, OLED screen, GPS, and MAYBE a hard drive which would allow a lot more space, at a cheaper price (e.g. 128 GB)... etc :cool:

I'm also hoping the new iPod's will have an anti-scratch, black matte back with slightly rounded edges. I'd also like a 32GB, or 64GB iPod Classic with an SSD.

But none of this will ever happen lol

6. pr5owner macrumors 65816

i never understood why the hell apple went with a 3:2 resolution

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

if you take a look on the front page it says that intel have said that the iPhone screens will be a little bigger.... things can only get better than they are..

8. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Why in the heck would you want an iPod Classic with an SSD? I mean IMO the Classic's only real advantage over the iPod Touch is storage capacity. What's the point of totally negating all that? If you want an iPod with an SSD, go grab a Touch. I said patooey to the old click-wheel system after about 5 minutes with an iPhone.

9. fart macrumors regular

new iphone will be 1) thicker, 2) Faster, 3) Longer

10. EPA1 macrumors newbie