Next gen iPhone: when??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by robkuijpers, Feb 21, 2009.

1. robkuijpers macrumors newbie

For a while, I'm planning to buy an iPhone 3G. However some collegues point out that a next version of the iPhone is coming soon. If it would be a cheaper downsized version (iPhone Nano??), i wouldn't really be interested, as I want a big screen, 3G, Wifi and GPS. So what is the latest rumour on the next gen iPhone?

regards
    Rob

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

June. Please search.

Not happening, sorry. :(

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

Will it have MMS? <---- poke poke:D

4. RTiii320 macrumors 6502a

RTiii320

Yeah it's coming out tomorrow!:p

Right now will be a fine time to buy seeing that nothing will be released for at least a few months... Buy now and enjoy..

5. Shackler macrumors 6502a

Shackler

sad part is there will about 100 more threads like this between now and whenever it is released

6. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Tues. March 3rd.

See IF you had used the search forum tool you would have found this out without have to start the #9589493 thread on the subject.

:rolleyes:

Only if apple hired zombie engineers to bring that technology back from the dead. ;)

7. iSaygoodbye macrumors 6502a

iSaygoodbye

STOP WITH THE WHEN IS IT COMING THREADS!!! WE DONT KNOW. iphone nano? never coming

8. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

My my, I was getting anxious. I have this envelope here with the confirmed release date inside, but just no one to share it with.

Thank God you came along and saved my day.

Sorry, I've needed my sarcasm fix for a while. :D

No one here knows, we can only speculate Juuuune. If you can wait, go for it, unless you want more space, or a better camera.

Just don't get your hopes up. The 3g is my favourite phone, but as an upgrade it was quite disappointing. People were expecting a better cam, etc.

Have fun.

9. northy014 macrumors regular

I would wait for the upgrade. And I'm not just saying that because I think there will be a small upgrade. If you look at the competition, you will see that there is going to be massive pressure on Apple if it wants to maintain its position in the smartphone market. They will, I believe, need to come out with something quite remarkable. You will get a lot of people on this forum telling you, in these kinds of threads, simply to buy now, because it will be good enough.

I disagree - by all accounts, even the 3G is not a perfect phone, with many shortcomings that could be fixed relatively simply. I would definitely wait as long as your current phone is serviceable - it'll be a (max) 6 month wait, and the advantages in terms of chip speed, design and perhaps battery life, to name just a few, may well be more than worth it.

10. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

We can only hope. :eek:

11. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Coming out a week Tuesday, no MMS but it will have a new system that beams images that your dweeb friends send you directly into your mind. It's going to have a full 1080i Imax video camera and 1 TB of memory, with a handcrafted walnut case. It has a special compartment to store pixy dust and the balls from a unicorn.

12. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

I'm one of the ones who thinks that there won't be one this year. I mean, 3G is doing so well, and two year contracts make selling the phone to average consumers somewhat difficult. If they're going to make one and produce it this year, I'd hope, and assume, that they'd keep the iPhone 3G in production; sell it for a lesser price.

13. OrangeDog macrumors 6502

^ I agree also. I don't think there will be another gen this year. Probably just a hike up to 32gb.

14. Elppa14 macrumors newbie

jesus christ, doesn't anyone have anything nice to say? you people get mad reall easily!! i know there are other threads asking the same question, but people don't have to go all king-kong on the poor guy. he just wants to know!!

15. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

There's a search function for starters, this question gets asked in a new topic every day. Second, how the hell would anybody on this forum know, unless they worked for Apple and were highly placed. If they were I doubt they'd jeopardize their job to let some dork on a forum know when the new phone might come, or what will be on it.

These posters are like the kid in the backseat asking over and over again "are we there yet, are we there yet"

16. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

+1

A simple search or, heaven forbid, a TINY bit of research would show the cycle of release dates for any Apple product. It really rather simple.

17. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Like they say "There's no such thing as a stupid question, but there's lots of inquisitive idiots".

This was his first post, I hope he can follow up by asking the unique question "when there will be MMS?", oh please, pretty please.

18. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I see something more like "My speaker isn't working! Help!" or "Can anybody tell me where I can find a key for my pirated copy of iLife?".

19. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

That's funny on multiple levels. :p:cool:

20. AdvocateUK macrumors regular

AdvocateUK

Are we there yet?

I know. I'll get my coat.... :rolleyes:

21. BergerFan macrumors 68020

BergerFan

It'll be announced, a day before the Palm Pre is launched. :D

22. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

That would be the smart tactical business move. It would definitely steal their thunder and under whelm their launch. The majority on here think Apple exists to make them phones or laptops, and not to do business and make money for their shareholders.

23. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Don't make me come back there:D

24. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

I'm sick of seeing these threads as well.

In fact, I think I'll start a new thread later on tonight titled...

"When will the Palm Pre be launched?"

:D

25. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

Thats simple the day after the iPhone is announced:D