Next gen iPod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gallinger, Aug 7, 2007.

1. gallinger macrumors regular

I started to think after the new iMacs were released today and the whole aluminum and glass look that most of the macs have today, that maybe the iPods are next to have a new aluminum and glass look too? I dunno I just started to think about it. What do all you think?

2. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

The new iPods will have a new interface, and will all be 1" shorter...
    I doubt they will change the look to match the iMac, but anything is possible

3. Shaduu macrumors 6502a

Shaduu

Nope, that'll be the nanos.

The fullsize iPods, in my opinion, will feature a complete exterior redesign and a new interface. Wouldn't mind if they matched the iMac either. :)

4. Andrew07 macrumors 6502

Are there any special events in Sept/October where Apple could release updated iPods? Or will it be like today, where they simply sent out press invitations out of the blue for a new release?

5. thespazz macrumors 6502a

I'm pinning the release on Sept. 12th. That's when they rolled out the original nano, the new nano, and the 5.5g.

Just a guess :eek:

6. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

man I hope so. Do you think that it will replace the current ipod or just be another alternative?

7. RadioStar macrumors member

1:1 odds for September.

1:2 odds for October.

1:5 odds for a hundred million years into the future, when space dinosaurs rule the earth and man lives in the shadow of his reptilian overlords.

8. Viddrumr32 macrumors member

Viddrumr32

man i really hope its in september. my 4G died in january and i've been following the iphone hype in the hopes for a glimpse of what the 6G will be and i've heard everything from wi-fi with a camera, to wireless charging and everything in between. i don't really care what "extra" stuff they put into it i just hope they have the base most people want of the iphone without the phone, and get it out soon.