iPod >> Next Gen Video iPod <<

iHeartTheApple

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
338
0
Boston, MA
That's really a great video! Is that supposedly real or is known to be a fake? I think the current feeling is that the vPod will come out by September-ish...correct me if I'm wrong. I haven't kept up on the story in while. :)
 

eclipse525

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 5, 2003
849
0
USA, New York
i think that most people in the know, feel that although it's a great idea on the surface, when you really think about it it's not practical. Fingerprints being the main issue.


[edit]
Fingerprints are an issue but I agree its one of MANY for a device of that nature. I personally can see a device like that but with touch controls running along the edges of the device or even partially on the back. Once you get use to it, then you'll know where everything is and wouldn't need to look at the back to control menu functions.
 

AP_piano295

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
1,076
13
eclipse525 said:
i think the a most people in the know, feel that although it's a great idea on the surface, when you really think about it it's not practical. Fingerprints being the main issue.
Fingerprints can be easily wiped off I would think scratching is a worse problem. A touch screen of that size would aquire a level of usefullness far greater than just being a music paper.

think typing
writeing
games
email (if it has internet)

Seems like the con of fingerprints is very small compared to the benefits.
 

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
417
4
NY state
eclipse525 said:
i think the a most people in the know, feel that although it's a great idea on the surface, when you really think about it it's not practical. Fingerprints being the main issue.
And also scratching. Since you couldn't put a hard case over it it as you wouldnt be able to use the screen then. So it would be much harder to protect.They'd have to use a different back too, I'd say, because without a cover that would end up looking pretty bad too. They'd have to be marketed with something like an invisible shield on them maybe.
 

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
1,801
91
Ann Arbor
AP_piano295 said:
Fingerprints can be easily wiped off I would think scratching is a worse problem. A touch screen of that size would aquire a level of usefullness far greater than just being a music paper.

think typing
writeing
games
email (if it has internet)

Seems like the con of fingerprints is very small compared to the benefits.
in other words, it'll be a PDA...
 

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
842
0
Same here. I think that Apple might keep it's current iPod line and then offer the "vPod" or maybe the "vMac". Who knows on the name, but anyhow...it could be like an advanced iPod, but with a miniature OS. Ugh, I've been dying to see an Apple PDA since last spring. :)
 

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
1,074
2
Great White North
Caitlyn said:
Same here. I think that Apple might keep it's current iPod line and then offer the "vPod" or maybe the "vMac". Who knows on the name, but anyhow...it could be like an advanced iPod, but with a miniature OS. Ugh, I've been dying to see an Apple PDA since last spring. :)
Maybe something like this mockup?
 

super*sparx

macrumors newbie
May 31, 2006
4
0
London
again..

Sorry 4got 2 say, with all this music technology coming into phones now, like Sony ericssons w810i walkman phone, and the SLVR with built in iTunes... There's a good chance that apple could start manufacturing phones...:cool:
 

Malcster

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2005
559
149
Bristol, UK
eclipse525 said:
i think that most people in the know, feel that although it's a great idea on the surface, when you really think about it it's not practical. Fingerprints being the main issue.


[edit]
Fingerprints are an issue but I agree its one of MANY for a device of that nature. I personally can see a device like that but with touch controls running along the edges of the device or even partially on the back. Once you get use to it, then you'll know where everything is and wouldn't need to look at the back to control menu functions.
It'll ship with an official apple thimble to stick over the end of your finger ;)
 

conditionals

macrumors regular
May 5, 2005
167
0
Australia
super*sparx said:
Sorry 4got 2 say, with all this music technology coming into phones now, like Sony ericssons w810i walkman phone, and the SLVR with built in iTunes... There's a good chance that apple could start manufacturing phones...:cool:
Mmm, cancerPod.