Next generation iPhone (2011) = 8MP SONY Camera?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by deanshu, Jun 24, 2010.

1. deanshu macrumors member

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/109896/5-big-blemishes-for-the-apple-iphone-4

I read the above article on Yahoo today, and I couldn't help but question the authenticity of the article. How is it possible that someone can already know that the camera that will be used 1 year from now in the new iPhone will be an 8MP Sony camera?!

Was this information really leaked (or maybe SJ mentioned it in his keynote?), or is it just some market analyst/researcher wildly guessing and passing off the "information" as fact?

2. deanshu thread starter macrumors member

3. Brannon macrumors regular

4. JayDude132 macrumors 6502

What's apples relationship with sony? Is it good? Then it may be plausible - but really, there are way too many factors that could change between now and next year.

5. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

At a certain point, megapixels stop making a significant difference between cameras. My 4 year old D50, with 6 MP, takes almost as good of photos as my D300 with 12 MP. Lenses is where the quality comes from, but at the same time, I don't complain with increases in MP, it just means I can print larger prints if need be.

6. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

And then on 2012 well be seeing Nikon 12MP sensors.