Next Generation Macs???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by weblogik, May 7, 2007.

1. weblogik macrumors regular

First post :)

i have always had a mac for work reasons, although i have always used pc's more (don't shoot me!!!)

Anyway, i'm over pc's and looking to finally make the leap to a Mac as my main machine sometime soon... I just don't want to drop 5k on a new mac and then 2 months later have new towers come out and feel like I'm stuck with an old mac :confused: Plus i'm not crazy about the big silver tower and would really hate to see a new "look" after i spent a bunch of money on one... this is pretty superficial stuff i know, but is there an anticipated date to when we'll see new looking macs?! I'm in no rush...

thx!

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

3. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

4. weblogik thread starter macrumors regular

Meaning expecting an announcement then?

5. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

well the mac pro just got " upgraded" to 8 cores right? i don tknow much about them but i ve see a lot of complains about itnot being a real upgrade....and that one may come soon with 8 cores and everything else upgraded as well so i dunno... i would guess if this were to happen would be at WWDC but i could very very easily be wrong....

6. weblogik thread starter macrumors regular

bump, in case anyone has an opinon on when the mac pro's will "look different"

7. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Bang!

With whatever Mac you buy - you can't go wrong. They also hold their value... Get an older mac to hold you over...

8. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

I doubt the Mac Pros will "look" different for a long while.
    It is kinda of the perfect tower design and until there is a major in technology I can't see Apple changing it.

Remember the Octo just came out.