Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gr81mgbgt

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 18, 2008
A new external form. When do you think we will see it? Late 2010? I think were all safe for a while...

It seems the new external design is near perfect, looks absolutely amazing.

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
If the MacPro is any indication, the external form should be stable for quite a while.

ventro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2006
Apple will not stop until they can create a bezel-less, disembodied screen floating on your desk.

gjw4u

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2008
Switzerland
Who is already thinking external redesign? Apple just updated the housing & displays. The inside has room for new CPUs & GPUs when ATI & Intel update in 2010.

gianly1985

macrumors 6502a
May 30, 2008
If MacMini, MacPro, Snow Leopard and iPhone 3GS are any indication, Apple doesn't change the design just to say "hey here's the NEW thing! Look at it, it's new!". Other companies need to do this to lure customers, Apple don't.

The white Macbook was made more solid and given the super-touchpad, it wasn't a change just for the sake of it.

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
I suspect the next version will look exactly the same.

Internally, I can see Blu-Ray finally coming considering it was rumored to be originally planned for this model.

The 21.5" will get the Dual-Core Arrandale Processors, while the 27" will be Quad-Core standard.

Slightly more modern graphics (all ATI), nothing too powerful.

Maybe a Black Backlit Keyboard, but I am not expecting it because the Magic Mouse is white for whatever reason.

Howardchief

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2008
Maybe a Black Backlit Keyboard, but I am not expecting it because the Magic Mouse is white for whatever reason.

I would have made the magic mouse black. Like black magic! Would have been intimidating. Ha.. perhaps a [Product]RED mouse?

alent1234

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
first 6 months of 2010

Intel is releasing a new generation of CPU's early next year and that means new Mac's as well. They already started producing them in volume and it will take a few months to package them and send them to be put into new computers. I'm not sure if computer makers certify new hardware on pre-production CPU's or once they start producing them in volume. Current CPU's are 45nm, and they are now making 32nm CPU's

big new feature is Larabee which is intel graphics in the CPU die and new instructions to give it low end GPU performance

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
Your already talking about the next design? Four days after launch of the new iMacs?

Actually.......I wonder what Imacs will look like in 3,026?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.