next imac update soon?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by facere, Oct 26, 2007.

1. facere macrumors newbie

im a student and wanted to buy a mac when leopard is pre installed on it, until the 30th of october ill get also an ipod nano for only 20euros

so, i phoned with a guy at dsp memory (im not willing to buy ram at apple...:eek:)
    the guy said that they have informations they should get rid of their stored current imacs soon, and he mentioned that there could be an update of the ram to 800mhz soon.

is it supposable that apple will update his imac before christmas?

because students will get an ipod only until 30.10 with an imac..
    and when was the last update of the ram?

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Unlikely, the iMac was only updated a couple of months back. There's a vague possibility for January's Expo, but I'd be surprised if we saw updates before then.

3. facere thread starter macrumors newbie

hm, i still dont know what to do..

no update before christmas you think?

do ya know how it was last year? any update before christmas? or just transition to core 2 duos?

4. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

The iMac averages 9 months between updates. It hasn't even been 3 months since the last one. I would say WWDC at the earliest.

Besides, what would they upgrade to? They are already using the fastest mobile Intel processors available and the fastest ATi GPU likely to be used in a SFF machine.

5. facere thread starter macrumors newbie

i know

as i said, ram speed maybe

6. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

I think it is possible it will be updated in the February to March timeframe, when the new processors come out. However, they might wait until later in the spring too, or even summer.

I don't expect anything at all in 2007 for sure, it just came out. There are other macs that need updating first.