next interview...or not

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by rjburke, May 20, 2010.

1. rjburke macrumors newbie

hey everyone. so i was invited to an apple hiring event that took place this past monday. at the end of it they said we would be getting a call the next day, tuesday, whether or not we would be moving on to the next step which was an interview. i got a call and had the interview yesterday, wednesday. what i am wondering is and what i guess i should have asked is that are they going to be giving me a call or email whether or not im moving on? or should i send an email in a week or so, providing that i havent heard anything, asking about my status? thanks in advance.

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You should’ve asked in the interview.

What you should do is send a thank you note, and in passing mention something "like looking forward to working for you” but phrased better. It’s also a chance to mention your strengths and let them know why you would be the best one for the job.

3. Raid macrumors 68020

Raid

If you haven't heard from them by noon Friday, I suggest you send an email (to the person who conducted the interview), thanking them for the opportunity to interview for the position and politely ask when they expect to make the hiring decision.

It sounds to me like they are in the process of weeding out applicants and the process gets more difficult with each step; a short polite thank-you and follow-up on your behalf may keep your name in their minds when they are ready to hire.

Good luck!

4. rjburke thread starter macrumors newbie

one of the girls i was talking to said that they are in "crunch time" with hiring people. so im guessing if i am going to hear anything at all, it would happen soon. thanks for the suggestions. ill send a thank you email tomorrow around noon.

5. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

Where are these "Apple Hiring Fairs?" how can you find out if there is one near you? Does Apple have any jobs for minors(16 almost 17).

6. citizenzen macrumors 65816

+1

The company's timeline is almost never as urgent as the applicants. Things can come up: emergencies, illness, vacation, etc., which can delay the process.

I would take a hand-written note (anybody can send an email) and hand-deliver it to their office (but not to them directly) so it doesn't get lost or delayed in the mail.

After that, don't contact them. Few things are more annoying than an applicant who keeps checking back. I've never seen that type actually get the job.

7. rjburke thread starter macrumors newbie

the one i went to was "Invite Only" and im pretty sure that all of them are the same deal. you would need to apply and wait to be asked to attend one, granted you are 18+.

8. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I agree with the hand-written (or typed) note, which is why I didn’t write email above. It looks more professional.

9. citizenzen macrumors 65816

It takes more than 30 seconds of your time. ;)