Next iPhone: late?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mavis, Mar 9, 2009.

1. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

You know, I seem to remember seeing spy shots of what turned out to be the real iPhone 3G on this site last year in Feb/Mar. This year, nothing.

Do you guys suppose that means the launch of the 3G's successor will be delayed? Or at least later than June/July this time?

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Maybe it suggests Apple has tightened some leaks?

I imagine they are on the same roadmap — for a summer launch.

3. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Wow, I completely forgot about that! Thx! :)

Maybe there was just more excitement last year. There doesn't seem to be as much speculation or buzz this time ...

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

One can only hope.

5. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

You are aware that this is MacRUMORS, right?

6. grantsdale macrumors 6502a

Its very possible that the look of the phone will stay the same, and thus the leaks would be lessened.

7. Jmclark macrumors regular

I agree, it's probably going to mainly be some kind of new software update... (or maybe more storage... or maybe even a CDMA phone :D)

8. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

I don't know anybody who wants a CDMA phone, if you want it to be on Verizon, I suggest you start wishing it switches over to GSM.

9. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

NP:)

Oh and as far as the buzz of last year, WWDC '08 was announced about mid March sometime and all the rumors and constant everyday news didn't really pick up pace until around April/May. So I don't even think we've gotten started yet. :p

10. Katuls macrumors member

I for one hope that no photos are leaked.. only the specs :D I love being surprised.

11. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

Yea, same here.

Something I've been thinking about this week though. I wonder what will be the difference as far as look, of a new iPhone. Ya know, the difference from V.1 is obviously from aluminum to plastic and it's obvious which version someone is toting around, unless they have it cased.

12. mavis thread starter macrumors 68040

mavis

I'm more concerned about specs, too. But I want to see pics as well. It doesn't really ruin the surprise anyway because we never know if they're legit until the announcement, right? ;)

13. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Same here. I would love a red phone because any cases I have bought for my iPhone Classic don't fit with accessories like the car mount I have.

I would guess the main spec bumps would be CPU/RAM (to match the iPod touch 2.0), flash memory (32GB is getting close to "overdue" status), and improvements to the camera (3MP, video).

14. CarlyLyon macrumors member

better have MMS

if it doesn't have MMS i will go crazy. Also what about having the backlight on while charged when you get a missed call or text? still haven't found an app to accommodate this

15. Katuls macrumors member

I'd like to see a more 'square' design. I like the sharp edges. I'm not the biggest fan of curves. I know that makes it sleek, but the sharp corners on phone make it look professional.

16. bigchief macrumors 6502a

How about making the case more sturdy. There are companies making big bucks making slip on cases and covers because the iphone 3g case apparently can't take normal everyday use without getting cracks ugly scratches.

17. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It's usually around April where the new iPhone era starts to kick in. Trust me. It's still early.

18. Theaser macrumors 6502

Theaser

That's when people stop buying iPhones.

19. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

People that are informed ;)

Probably about 5%-10% of people that have an iPhone fall under this category.

20. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

I don't know, sorting through all the leaks and picking which one you think will be the actual one leads to surprises many atime as well. =]

21. =MuLti-CeLL= macrumors 6502a

=MuLti-CeLL=

+ a'gazillion!

Yup.

Come April/May there will be so many rumors and leaked photos to wrap your head around that you won't really have a clue as to what to expect. Isn't it exciting though! :D

22. fleshman03 macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Me too. I'm actually hoping for a stronger processor and more RAM. I want to be able to truly multi-task. Maybe letting the device use 500MhZ, 256 mb RAM + 32gb. (I'd like to see 64, but that's just unlikely.)

I hope it's before summer. My iPod Touch's home button broke. I'm needed to restart the whole OS before opening a new App...

Besides, the buyer's guide puts it @ over the average time. By almost 120 days...