Next iphone Sept 25th ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Mercurian, Jul 27, 2015.

1. The Mercurian macrumors 65816

So there is a story in the Irish Independent today about upcoming rumours for iphone 6s/6. Under the heading "When will it go on sale?" they say:

"The iPhone 6s' sale date has been given away in a leaked internal email from Vodafone. The email reveals the newest handset will go on sale on September 25, with pre-orders being accepted from September 18. The memo, seen by Mobile News, does not clarify the exact name of the model, called simply 'the new iPhone'."

http://www.independent.ie/business/...es-emerge-ahead-of-apple-launch-31406068.html

I've not seen this on macrumours so I thought it was worth posting for what its worth.

2. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

25th seems a bit late. I anticipate a launch date of the 18th.

3. bchreng macrumors 65816

bchreng

4. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Said in the report it will be announced on Sept 18 and released for sales on the 25th, but that is only a guess I bet, not hard facts

5. The Mercurian thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I don't know if I would call it a 'guess', it is a legit long established newspaper quoting a defined source - seems more legit than the usual 'sources with a track record' stuff that gets front page status around here. No ? They clearly say a leaked email from vodafone seen by such and such

6. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

I bet the phones will be announced on the 15th (Tuesday), pre-orders will begin on the 18th (Friday), and the first wave of pre-orders will be delivered on the 25th (Friday) as well as in-store sale will begin on the same day.

7. Brizz1e18 macrumors member

Brizz1e18

Ding ding ding we have a winner!

8. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

The keynote was on the 9th. Preorders began on the 12th.

9. The Mercurian thread starter macrumors 65816

So this I don't understand. I sent this story to the macrumours tip line, but they didn't report it. Why not ? It was more legit than digitise whatever whatever.

It has made me skeptical of how this place works now.

10. DoofenshmirtzEI macrumors 6502a

DoofenshmirtzEI

I dunno, it just looks like a bunch of regurgitated stuff from other news sources. Better to do original stuff than "according to" that just quotes a bunch of other news sources.

11. The Mercurian thread starter macrumors 65816

Well no - there was a definite source:
    The preorder date may be wrong but the release date was accurate. There was an actual memo involved that could be looked at. Thats a lot more solid than the usual analyst opinion stuff you get here.