Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dylane94

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 29, 2008
I am almost certain that the next iPhone will be announced next summer running on the 3.0 software. Last year the iPhone 3G was announced at WWDC, and the year before the release date was announced for the original iPhone.

Plus, Apple is a revolutionary company. We are finally seeing competitors for the iPhone with the Storm and G1. I have no doubt they will release a new iPhone this year.

Yet, I need some sort of clarification. I need opinions...

one1

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
The phone will be delivered when the phone is delivered.

That is my speculation.

Apple fancies themselves as a Jesus. "no one will know the time nor place of my coming".

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
Well a friend of my cousin's friend who works in an AT&T booth in a mall said he heard from about 89% of people at his booth who thinks that the next iPhone will possibly have a chance of being released next Tuesday either this month or next, along with a surprise announcement of the long overdue G5 Powerbook. Thoughts? Could he be lying to me? Is he right? I think I should wait but I really want one now!:confused::confused:

:D

Indy21

macrumors 6502
Mar 24, 2008
Well a friend of my cousin's friend who works in an AT&T booth in a mall said he heard from about 89% of people at his booth who thinks that the next iPhone will possibly have a chance of being released next Tuesday either this month or next, along with a surprise announcement of the long overdue G5 Powerbook. Thoughts? Could he be lying to me? Is he right? I think I should wait but I really want one now!:confused::confused:

LMAO :D

tlbwriter

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Steve Jobs pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

ACKRITE

macrumors member
May 11, 2008
West Hartford, CT
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Steve Jobs pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

24 years+ and it's still one of the most quoted movies ever! A classic for our generation, no doubt.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
If the people who wined and complained about multiple threads on the same topic wouldn't flood said thread about the subject, wouldn't these things be so much shorter?

Andrew K.

macrumors 65816
Jul 9, 2008

G5 POWERBOOK???? Are you kidding me ???

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
As much as I hate these pure speculation threads from newbies, the evidence to back this up is on the front page

He [Phil Schiller] noted that Apple marches to certain annual product cycles: the holiday season (Novemberish), the educational buying season (late summer), the iPod product cycle (October), the iLife development cycle (usually March), the iPhone cycle (June).

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan

Well of course he's right. except it's not the PowerBook G5 that's going to be released. It's the PowerBook G23 that's going to be released, and the next iPhone is going to run full OS X 10.12.0 (Cuddly Kitten) and will have a 3D user interface that will require you to wear special glasses. In addition, it will use the network standard that the martians use.

Don

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.