Next iPhone Update WISHLIST

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by fivepoint, Sep 28, 2007.

1. fivepoint macrumors 65816

fivepoint

File System (Finder)
    Please! Let us take our important documents and files with us on the go.

Better Exchange Support
    Co-workers can still not get their phones to play nicely with Exchange. Whatever it takes Apple.

Better Outlook Support
    Smart phones need functional calendars. This is a non-starter for any businessman.

Copy/Paste Functionality
    Wouldn’t THIS be nice!?!

Flash Support
    I want the ENTIRE internet in my pocket. Not the mobile internet. All of it.

Voice Dialing
    Not a huge deal to me… but then again, most free phones have this functionality.

Ability to send more than one photo at a time via e-mail.
    Why one? Why not three? Seven?

Ability to delete more than one e-mail at a time.
    If I actually received more than two e-mails a day, this one might bother me more.

MMS Messaging
    Once again… free phones have this functionality. Not everyone has an iPhone, so e-mail is not a viable option here.

Additional volume increase
    The iPhone WORKS GREAT in a quite office. Make it better for everywhere else.

iCal Custom Calendar Coloration
    I have 5 different calendars on my iMac. Somehow they morph together on the iPhone. Not cool.

E-mails to download BEFORE you want to read them.
    With 8GB of space, why can’t the phone just download the e-mail in the background so I don’t have to wait for it to do so AFTER I have clicked on it.

Ability to view shared files on wifi network.
    I want my Microsoft word files, and I don’t want to have to get off the couch to have them.

Ability to make own ringtones in Garageband and import into iTunes.
    I won’t put real songs in there… I promise.

2. ~Phi macrumors regular

3. metoo6000 macrumors regular

International keyboard for many countries just like OS X.

4. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

Proper Notes Syncing
    With the ability to edit notes on the Mac side

To Do List
    A "To Do List" application (I'm doing this right now by using vitalist.com's iPhone app, along with subscribing to my vitalist.com calendar feed with iCal)

I'm hoping both of these will be added once Leopard is released.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

Ability to delete more than one e-mail at a time.

I can wait on the rest.

6. pixelshaders macrumors member

7. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

OPTIONAL repeating missed message/call reminders...

8. cpt276 macrumors newbie

bluetooth

Moving the bluetooth screen up a level to the main Settings screen or even having it on the main screen.

9. mrtune macrumors 6502a

I'd like to see a major overhaul of the sms app. This is the
    most expensive phone I've ever bought, and the sms app is more crippled on it than any other phone I've used.

Here's what I think they need to add:

MMS
    Multiple recipients
    Message forwarding
    Time stamp on all messages, not just the last one received.
    Delete one message at a time if so desired, not all of them only.

10. Feverish Flux macrumors regular

Good God, just let me empty all e-mails in a folder with one action.

11. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502

JurgenWigg

Some sort of GPS integration into maps - from what I read it wouldn't be that big of a leap if they used triangulation from cell towers rather than GPS satellites. Next logical step from their maps.

12. tom5304 macrumors regular

1. Landscape mode when typing text messages.

2. I'd like to see the iPod function have a larger "Now Playing" window. As it is I have to squint to see what song is playing.

3. The ability to customize the unlock feature. If my iPhone is sitting on my desk next to me, I'd like to be able to just press the home button and not have to do the swipe.

4. How about an update that gives us a standard 3.5mm speaker jack rather than the idiotic recessed one we have now? No? Okay...

13. mox358 macrumors 6502

mox358

Just a few I haven't seen or missed

iChat
    More widgets
    Be able to change the SMS/MMS ringtone to ANY ringtone sound, not just the six provided in 1.1.1

14. njpodder macrumors regular

Something I would really like to see is the option to set iPod "random shuffle" to the alarm. So that way, I can wake up in the morning to my music library instead of one of the predefined ringtones. That would be a very easy add. You could do it by adding only one or two lines of code.

Do you think the folks at Apple visit our site or others to see what people are saying when they do their market research on what things to add?

15. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

A Secure information manager (username / passwords / url) as in eWallet.

eBook application that reads .PDB files (or what ever the common palm / pocketpc file is).

Notes / Todo syncing / editing.

Add the red circle w/ number of events for today in the calendar on the iCal icon just like the SMS / Phone / Email icons.

Add Today's events on the main screen where the slide to unlock is (optional) and maybe hide if you have a passcode set.

Cut / Copy / Paste.

Flash.

File Manager / Document storage. I miss having my important work info on my phone. Right now as the Notes works it is too much to type on the iPhone keyboard.

Nag / repeat notification of missed sms / calls. I have seen the motion sensor demos and know of and think it would not be too hard to detect when the iphone is either in the doc / laying flat on a table or not moving and only nag on missed sms / phone calls when in that state, or turn on and show the missed info when the iphone starts moving after being still for a time period.

16. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

-- Horizontal orientation including horizontal keyboard available in ALL applications (where it makes sense, at least). My efficiency on the horizontal keyboard is MUCH higher than on the tiny vertical one.

-- Make it so the magnifying glass doesn't get lost off the screen half the time. The screen should scroll to show you what's in it. Also, it should show a clean re-rasterized version of the text underneath it instead of showing a blurry scaled version.

-- Some rudimentary image-processing tools would be nice, such as exposure and cropping.

-- Ability to copy files of any kind to and from the device, and to download files from Safari and Mail attachments (which would later by synced with your Mac). Really a whole "Mini-Finder" application with searching and sorting and soforth would be very useful.

17. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Oh I'd like louder volume on the earpiece, speaker phone and ringer. As this recent update does nothing imo to address these.

18. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

19. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

I know why many want it, but for me, I could care less about iChat or SMS (but I am pulling for it for ya- I just do not need those!). I think the iPhone just screams for GPS, though.

Here's what I really want: a secure, password protected, encrypted area.

It would be real nice to keep my family's important numbers (license numbers, Visa Numbers, passport numbers, social security numbers, etc) in my iPhone, in an encrypted environment. Obviously, completely password protected. Sort of a mini-iPhone vault.

It would not take much programming, and would be A great addition, at least for me.

20. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

In no particular order:

MMS - My POS free Motorola had this

3rd Party Apps (without hacking) - Even if the distribution of these apps were to be controlled, say exclusively from iTunes, the iPhone would still benefit

RSS Reader - A simple RSS app separate from Safari. Maybe this could be available through 3rd party apps.

Ability to play iPod games in an emulation environment - Probably not going to happen.

Video download via the WiFi store - You can now buy music on the go, why not TV shows, music videos, and movies?

Podcasts on the WiFi store - wouldn't it be great, even if you're away from your computer, you could get the latest episode of your subscribed podcasts automatically downloaded to your iPhone when you're in range of a WiFi network?

Adobe Flash - Need I say more.

Calendar and Contact Syncing Over Bluetooth - Just whip out your iPhone, and wake it. If it detects a paired computer in range, it will automatically synchronize your calendars and contacts with that computer. (assuming Bluetooth is turned on on both devices)

21. overcast macrumors 6502a

22. Porksword macrumors member

I can't believe nobody else has said this but I'd really like to be able to snooze a reminder. Once I unlock the phone, the reminder is gone.

23. overcast macrumors 6502a

You can setup a secondary alarm, granted it's not a snooze, but it's something.

24. Porksword macrumors member

Snooze would be great. I'd also like to set a reminder for longer than 2 days before.

25. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Thats a great idea, never thought of that.

Having been a long time Sidekick user, than moving on to a Blackberry after that, one thing I would really like it to browse the web with images off. Both of those phones had that option.

I dont browse to look at pictures, I browse to read. If I need pics I can turn them on and refresh the page. Just gets annoying having to wait for pics to load, especially over Edge, when I dont even want to see them.