Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SteveNewton

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 13, 2009
I was wondering what Apple will call the next iPhone? I know it's kinda early, but any suggestion?

Minimoose 360

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
NY
Something tells me next year will bring an almost identically designed iPhone 4G with 4G support and some spec bumps...then in 2012 we will get the iPhone 5.

Just a prediction.

EDIT: Beat to it.

dockingbay94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
It'll have a better resolution camera on the front and rear. Same form factor, bumped up specs and possibly 4G depending on the cell providers progress in this area. It'll be a minor update, but have a good iOS upgrade to coincide with it in order to make it appear like more of a major update.

Schweitzer

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
It'll have a better resolution camera on the front and rear. Same form factor, bumped up specs and possibly 4G depending on the cell providers progress in this area. It'll be a minor update, but have a good iOS upgrade to coincide with it in order to make it appear like more of a major update.

Will it have an improved antenna or is this a non-issue?

Irish Rose

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Autopilot638 said:
Can you imagine the confusion if it was called 4G?

People call the 4 the "4G" now. Imagine the eBay auctions. LOL

This is exactly the reason why I think they'll call the next one iPhone 5.

dockingbay94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010
Will it have an improved antenna or is this a non-issue?

Honestly haven't had a problem with my iPhone 4. It has less dropped calls than my 3Gs and 3G.

I dont really talk on it much though to be honest. Regardless, the iPhone 4 is awesome and blows away every iPhone that came before it.

Schweitzer

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
Honestly haven't had a problem with my iPhone 4. It has less dropped calls than my 3Gs and 3G.

I dont really talk on it much though to be honest. Regardless, the iPhone 4 is awesome and blows away every iPhone that came before it.

In my opinion that's the only thing that's 100% for sure:

the next iPhone will not have the antenna issue.

Thanks to all those "bad people" who are "attacking" Apple.

orange42

macrumors 6502a
Apr 12, 2009
This isn't the first thread where I've seen people suspect the next iPhone will be called the 4G and then the one AFTER that be called iPhone 5. Do you guys really see any logic in that? Calling the 6th iPhone the iPhone 5... really? Brains people.

Fernandez21

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2010
I hope it won't have a bigger screen. I like the size of the phone now, I don't want to hold a ginormous handset up to my face to make phone calls. Maybe widescreen though would be nice.

Block

macrumors 6502a
Jun 28, 2007
iPhone 4GS; even though the current iPhone isn't iPhone 4G, many people refer to it as such and thus it'd be too confusing to just call iPhone 4G.

Schweitzer

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2010
iPhone 4GS; even though the current iPhone isn't iPhone 4G, many people refer to it as such and thus it'd be too confusing to just call iPhone 4G.

I think it will be called 4GST; even though the current iPhone isn't iPhone 4GS, many people refer to it as such and thus it'd be too confusing to just call iPhone 4GS.

Merthyrboy

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2008
I think that the next one will get the usual more battery and it may get a boost in memory. I hope that apple will release something with the gyroscope because that will be cool. Also could go down the road of the nano with colours now they've got the front and back colours the same

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.