Next iPod Release, When?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by joshack, Jan 27, 2008.

1. joshack macrumors newbie

I am looking to buy a new iPod (after 3 years...) but now is probably not the right time to buy. When do you predict the next iPod "makeover" will occur? I am hoping to buy a new one when they release their next update of their iPod line. Thanks! :apple:

2. iDAG macrumors 65816

iDAG

You are going to be waiting a long time as Apple will most likely release new iPods in September. I would think that you are safe to go ahead and buy a new iPod now.

3. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

Apple usually updates the iPod line in September, I wouldn't expect anything before then.

4. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

why do you think this is a bad time to buy?

many good choices out there.

5. joshack thread starter macrumors newbie

I agree that there are many good choices of things to buy, but I would like to buy the iPod touch, and although it is a great model, I am hesitant to buy a 1st generation product. I was hoping that Apple would update their iPod line sometime late spring - early summer. Do you think the next update will not be until September?

6. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

You could put money on the fact that Apple will update their line in early September, they have for at least the past 3 years as part of their usual promotion.