Next iPod Shuffle?!? Hoax???

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iPod-Lover, Mar 2, 2008.

1. iPod-Lover macrumors newbie

Hey guys, I was thumbing through a bunch of my old favorites when I came across one I made just 2 days ago that I totally forgot about. Well...the link got deleted and I don't keep my history updated, but luckily for us, I saved the image. Here is what the guy said (I copied the entire thread over to a word document because it was so interesting):

"Well...I am going to give you guys a present. I am a senior design administrator at Apple (I cannot reveal my name for obvious reasons), and I am going to reveal something to you. This is something we have been working on for the last few months-the next iPod Shuffle. People have been wanting a tiny screen to go with their tiny iPods, and now we are going to give it to them, seven months before the scheduled unveiling at a low-key music event in September 2008. Here it is. As you can see, the screen is really tiny, and it has the highest pixel density of anything we have EVER shipped. 306 ppi...with an 8 gig flash memory drive standard. It has the same interface as all of the current iPods (with the exception of the iPod Touch and iPhone), so it is really beautiful. With no further hesitancies, here is the next iPod Shuffle.

[​IMG]

The mock-up price is $199.99 for the 8-gig, and $250 for the 12-gig."

I think it is a hoax...what do you guys think?

2. airjuggernaut macrumors 6502a

3. MacGeek7 macrumors 6502a

MacGeek7

not gonna happen...can you imagine how small that screen would have to be?

4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

5. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

The text would be so small you couldn't even read it. Not only that, there is no way they can fit any type of display mechanism inside the shuffle.

6. iPod-Lover thread starter macrumors newbie

That's exactly what I thought when I read it.

Are you the owner of Hobbytalk? Or are you just another Hankster?

7. marykay9507 macrumors 6502a

marykay9507

anyone who is a senior design administrator at Apple would not risk their job over something as insane as this

8. br1anc macrumors regular

how the heck are you supposed to watch videos on that?

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

OK I get the concept of adding some sort of screen to the Shuffle just to add minimal control.

However, that's such a baaaaaad fake. The screen looks exactly like he drew a rectangular box in Photoshop, set the frame width to 1.0, and imported the same damn photo we see on EVERY new iPod ad (is it too much to make more than one picture for this?)

The clincher is the friggin price. The shuffle is not going to be larger than the Nano. Tis cannibalism.