Next ipod touch cycle.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by newkeyboard, May 12, 2009.

1. newkeyboard macrumors regular

I know nobody knows exactly when the new ipod touch will appear but are there any events upcoming when they are likely to be revealed or do ipods generally just get a silent update on the site? I'm waiting regardless but am interested in peoples thoughts.

2. windels macrumors regular

windels

3. newkeyboard thread starter macrumors regular

really, that long? the buyers guide suggests it's imminent. I'm not too bothered about much of the stuff people are expecting. Would just like more capacity and a higher res screen. I played the waiting game with the cinema display and look where that got me! To buy or not to buy, hmm....

4. windels macrumors regular

windels

so the ipod touch updates in september, but a lot of people don't expect a capacaty update till january, because the 32 gb chips that would be used for a 64 gb touch, would be too expensive at the moment.

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

september was the release date of the last iPod just see what WWDC brings who knows they may spring a surprise about iPod related news who knows it's apple after all lol

6. windels macrumors regular

windels

7. Lindat macrumors member

Personally, I'm hoping a 64gb touch is announced at the upcoming Apple conference and that they go on sale from June onwards. I'm not sure if want them to become slightly larger in size though, as predicted. I like its neatness. I really hope they don't keep us waiting until September. As long as it takes though, I can wait. I think people will buy a 64gb even if the price is high as that has enough space to take most people's music collection/a few films/ photo collection and app collection with a little room for growth. 32gb is a wee bit small.

8. eron macrumors 6502

I think the rumour also suggests that the new iphone 3.0 OS will be released in June, so I think it's worth the wait. Even though you can definitely upgrade later on, you might have to pay. Save the trouble and wait I say. :)

9. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

I hope so...I'm going to hold out for a 64gb model. I don't want to wait until September but I will if I have to.