Next keyboard: anyone try it yet?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by dictoresno, Jun 13, 2015.

1. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

It was funded on kickstarter and finally went live on the app store but you have to put your email in the app as it's still a soft rolling release. I've been waiting for this for awhile and wanted to know if anyone here has been using it in beta or as a backer. I'm hoping it will be able to replace Swype or swiftkey.

http://www.nextkeyboard.co

2. Yungios macrumors member

I just became a beta tester for next keyboard a few days ago. I like the keyboard but the swipe part isn't as accurate as SwiftKey is. And I don't like how how the emojis are set up. But hopefully when it officially releases on the app store it'll get better.

3. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

They claim it is a work in progress and yea I read the swype function is a little off.

4. Yungios macrumors member

Yea it definitely has potential though it'll just take time for it to get better.

5. pacorob macrumors 65816

pacorob

I'm looking forward to the release of Next Keyboard as discussed in this general keyboard topic. I just noticed it's finally available in the App Store but still in beta for a select list of people. You can download the app for free but you can't use it yet unfortunately. I hope they will add support for other languages from the start (e.g. Dutch). I also hope you can use it without full access like Swype and Path Input have (which i now use on iPhone 5s and iPad mini2). I don't like the '.' key next to the spacebar in Swype.

6. dictoresno thread starter macrumors 601

dictoresno

They stated that you don't need full access already. And I think it's dumb to release it on the app store but not make it usable yet.

7. iPhone20 macrumors regular

So, they're taking beta testers right now? or you are some special?