Next Keynote/Announcement?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by mstgkillr, Jun 6, 2014.

1. mstgkillr macrumors regular

So when might Apple's next keynote/announcement be? How far in advance to they release an announcement date?

2. iMacBooked macrumors 6502a

iMacBooked

I think October for Mac, but I'm just speculating.

3. deeddawg, Jun 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2014

deeddawg macrumors 604

Typically it'd be September or October, but can be any time they feel like. Official notice for such events is usually about a week to my recollection.

In the context of the mini, look at the 2010 redesign that had no keynote/announcement. The 2011 spec update was also quiet if I remember right, and the 2012 spec update was during the media event announcing the iPad mini (and other devices).

(Just curious and not to hijack, but for a desktop system what's the significant benefit to Haswell vs Ivy Bridge other than graphics? Specifically, what would be the effect a typical user (not enthusiast or creative professional) would experience? I'm curious what reason Apple might have to release a Haswell mac mini with Broadwell coming up relatively soon?)

4. sergiobaschi macrumors regular

I would say a small update, without fuzz, is the most likely option. Just like the iMacs of 2013.

5. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

Yep... they could upgrade to Haswell this year with non-soldered RAM and still with SATA-3 HDD (no big design changes, so it's pretty easy to implement). On early-2015 it could get the Haswell-Broadwell CPU with soldered RAM, PCIe storage and an even smaller form-factor.

They'll probably announce a new Mini only in 2015 with a major redesign. At Christmas, they could offer 2012 Minis for a better price. It happened in 2010 when I bought my Mini.

6. Jambalaya macrumors 6502a

Next major keynote / update will be Aug/Sep for iPhone 6 and iPadAir 2. I think we could see a 12 MacBook Air retina this year replacing 11 and 13. The MacBook Pros and hopefully Mini refresh will be late 2014/early 2015 and be for Broadwell. It would seem odd to me for Apple to do a Haswell refresh on the Mini. My 2 cents and all guesswork.